NACON and the studio KT Racing are pleased to announce their new rally game, WRC Generations, the official video game of the FIA World Rally Championship, scheduled for release in Autumn 2022 on PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch and Steam for PC. The result of 7 years of collaboration with legendary drivers, who have already made WRC 10 and WRC 9 the references of the genre, the latest entry in the series is an authentic and comprehensive rally racing simulation, giving players the chance to drive powerful cars in the most famous rallies of all time!
An unrivalled level of realism
Never before have games come this close to the real-life World Rally Championship! Hailed by both critics and professionals, this year’s WRC simulation has been reinforced with numerous improvements and optimizations requested by the community.
Just as in the real-life WRC, a major new competitive feature, hybrid cars, have been included in WRC Generations! The potent blend of electric power and combustion engines gives players the opportunity to experience brand-new driving sensations, both in terms of physics and through a completely overhauled sound design.
Previous vehicles can still be found in the game, even more authentically portrayed than ever before. In total, there are no fewer than 37 legendary cars, each carefully recreated with its respective mechanical characteristics.
On top of the 13 rallies of the 2022 season, the game includes 9 other locations for a total of 22 different countries and 165 Special Stages – a record for the genre! The brand-new Swedish route makes its appearance. It is the only completely snow-covered rally with physics even closer to the actual conditions.
New solo and online content
WRC Generations is more polished and detailed than its predecessors and promises countless hours of gameplay thanks to brand-new game modes and new ways to share your passion online!
- Career mode lets players determine their own history, managing every aspect of their team and leading them to success. A new way to manage hybrid-powered cars will be included in the skill tree.
- In League mode players can take each other on in the same category in daily and weekly challenges in an attempt to rise to the top of the rankings.
- With the Teams system, players can choose to join a team or create their own, raising the standard high in every challenge.
- The Livery editor enables players to customize their cars with a variety of finishes and stickers. In WRC Generations, players can now share their creations with each other!
- Players can take part in training races on split screen or online, and enjoy the real experience with a friend in Co-driver mode.
WRC Generations will be available October 13th 2022 on PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, and later on PC and Switch.