The Hall of Shadows has become a must-see staple at any Midsummer Scream produced event. It’s where guests can get a taste of the spooky season, up-close and personal with many of the haunts in Southern California via small mini-haunted house versions of themselves. While their Awaken the Spirits! event did not feature a Hall of Shadows, Season’s Screamings did and it was a welcome return. With Midsummer Scream’s footprint being much larger at the Long Beach Convention Center, it also means that the Hall of Shadows too can be bigger.
“The Hall of Shadows is a cornerstone of Midsummer Scream. It’s one of the main things that separates us from any other convention out there. The incredible haunters that work tirelessly to create displays and walk-through attractions for our guests to experience are truly masters of their craft, and we are so grateful to this community that steps up each year and knocks it out of the ballpark time and again”, said Midsummer Scream Creative Director, Rick West.
He adds, “The overall theme for Hall of Shadows this year is ‘Halloween Comes Home’. That couldn’t be more on-the-nose as we return to the Long Beach Convention Center for the first time since 2019. This July, guests will experience the biggest and most incredible Hall of Shadows yet with more thrills and chills than ever before! It’s a fantastic mix of home and pro haunts, walk-through experiences, and spooky displays that everyone is going to want to see for themselves!”
- CalHauntS will once again be creating the entry portal from the show floor into the Hall of Shadows. This year’s entry is called “Midsummer Estates” and will feature a small neighborhood with homes decorated for the community’s annual Halloween Festival. Beyond “Midsummer Estates”, guests will find 17 other haunts and attractions waiting within the darkness of Hall of Shadows. They include:
- Bones Gulch (Castaic) – From the minds that brought you Beware the Dark Realm, Restless Souls Manor, and The Farm home haunts, a brand-new attraction is coming! Bones Gulch is proud to bring a small display of what we have in store for you this October to the Hall of Shadows.
- Fear Farm (Victor Valley) – Venture deep into the cold earth beneath the farm, where a labyrinth filled with pure evil awaits your arrival.
- Temecula Terror: The Crypt (Temecula) – A church and catacomb themed walk-through. Explore the carnage of a church’s botched exorcisms.
- Reichland Asylum: The Return of Sarah Crawford (Riverside) – They said she worshipped the occult, locking her deep in the wards of Reichland Asylum and throwing away the key. Little did they know she was the least of their worries… Unearth the secrets of the Crawford family and the dark powers that lie deep in the corridors with Reichland Asylum: The Return of Sarah Crawford.
- Straight to Hale Productions: Demon Creek (Alta Loma) – The town of Casket Creek has a sordid history, rife with witches using black magic and wreaking havoc. The townsfolk fear they may never escape the wickedness that hangs like a menacing cloud over their once-peaceful town, but it appears that an even more sinister entity looms in the shadows.
- The Witching Auer: HALLOWEEN – A Terrifying Walkthrough Experience (Atwater) – Encounter the Myer’s home and come face-to-face with The Shape himself. Enter if you dare: everyone is entitled to one good scare!
- Casa Calaveras: A Walk-Thru Art Experience – Stroll through an intimate series of glowing, peek-in dioramas and uncover the heart-filled tale of José & Gloria, the couple from the hereafter. A great way to introduce your kids to Día de los Muertos – Since 1999.
- Gothic Hills Cemetery (Riverside) – Gothic Hills Cemetery returns to the Hall of Shadows with a new interactive theatrical display based on their Riverside, California haunt. This Halloween guests will experience the prequel to the Fitzroy story in their biggest season ever.
- The Quail Run Carnival (Agoura Hills) – Come win some Halloween candy in a handmade, vintage-style, Halloween Carnival! Play either MASH THE MONSTERS or THE SEANCE, play a spooky vintage ARCADE CABINET, or spin our FORTUNE WHEEL to see your future! New games added every Halloween!
- Exquisite Corpse: REDWATER! Vol. 1 – In the first part of this three-part walk-through series Obadiah, Elijah, and Beauregard Manning (children of the infamous crazed scientist Dr. Joseph R. Manning) set out on a strange and gruesome journey to find their recently missing father. Step back into 1985 and join us in Redwater, Louisiana, to embark through the ratty pages of a mysterious old comic book titled: REDWATER! Vol. 1
- Boomers! Parks – Guests begin training as new overnight security for Boomers! and encounter paranormal entities!
- Lights OUT: ICON – Welcome to Club ICON. Tonight’s category is Battle Royale, where two legendary houses compete to be the most ICONIC house of them all. Who will slay, or sashay, away?
- Santa Ana Haunt: Shades of Hell (Santa Ana) – Shades of Hell serves as the gateway to your worst nightmares. Everyone has different fears – and they are all here, waiting for you.
- Corona Haunt: Tales of Halloween (Corona) – A modern look into the horror stories that kept you up at night as a child. Brave the ghosts, witches, and demons of Halloween night!
- The Dreich Society: Nightmare (Ontario) – Deep in the woodlands of Japan stands an ancient temple, originally designed to trap the land’s spirits of the night. Will you survive a peek behind the curtain in their realm, or be trapped forever in their eternal nightmare?
- The Haunt With No Name… Yet (Tarzana) – Wandering on a eerie night, you find an unknown place. It is forgotten by time but seems haunted and filled with mysterious and spooky things. You decide to take the time to explore what is happening at the Haunt With No Name.. Yet.
- Realm of Shadow: Hamre Manor (Norwalk) – The Lord of Shadow and his Matron have returned to the attic space of Hamre Manor. Come find your way through his minion-filled hallways, and prepare to confront the evil within!
- The Decayed Brigade slider team will return to the Hall of Shadows with three incredible exhibitions on Saturday July 30th, and three on Sunday July 31st – show times to be announced soon.
Midsummer Scream 2022 will run from July 29th through 31st at the Long Beach Convention Center. Tickets are available now!