Team17 and Unicube Studios have today launched resource management survival game Sheltered 2 on Steam and GOG. Boasting revamped combat systems, a new 3D art style, and punishing challenges, Sheltered 2 builds upon the original game, bringing new challenges, deeper strategic gameplay, and the perennial threat of extinction to the end of the world. With both internal and external hazards to overcome, the wasteland is a dangerous and unforgiving place to go alone, and as the faction leader, making sure resources are managed, survivors are fed and happy, and relationships with rival factions are maintained will be the key to surviving the punishing world of Sheltered 2.
The wasteland awaits, how long will you survive?:
Sheltered 2 Key Features:
- Factions: The factions system allows players to forge relationships with other groups to provide their base with resources and support, or they can grab their weapons and take things the old-fashioned way
- Resource Management: Players will balance the needs and wants of their survivors, manage scarce resources, craft items needed to maintain the shelter, cook meals, and build equipment to keep their group alive, and with the expanded power system players can generate energy in new ways
- Faction Leader: New for Sheltered 2, the faction leader is the most important member of a shelter, boasting their own unique and powerful traits, the faction leader will be pivotal to success, with their death meaning game over
- An Unforgiving Wasteland: Starvation, asphyxiation, extreme temperatures, and combat are just some of the challenges players will face in the harsh wasteland
- Combat: In Sheltered 2 players will use a variety of skills coupled with the ability to build parties of four and targeting specific body parts on their enemies to deal the most visceral damage in combat situations. Each action performed also has a stamina cost, so strategy will be at the forefront of every altercation, each move critical in the balance of life and death
- Characters: Survivors have their own personalities, traits, desires, and skills to acquire, and the ability to customise each individually means every faction member is unique.
Sheltered 2 will be available with a 10% launch discount making it £13.49/€17.99/$17.99 for a week post launch, and players who already own the original Sheltered will also benefit from an extra 10% off the sale price.
Sheltered 2 is playable on NVIDIA GeForce NOW — giving players instant access to GeForce PC performance, on nearly any PC, Mac, SHIELD TV, Android, iOS device or Chromebook without any downloads.
Survivors looking to start their adventure in the wasteland can wishlist Sheltered 2 on Steam ahead of the game’s launch at 5pm BST (9am PDT, 12pm EDT, 6pm CEST) this evening, and can keep up to date with all the information on Sheltered 2 by liking us on Facebook, following us on Twitter and joining us on Discord.