As Major League Baseball teams open Spring Training camps this week, their virtual counterparts are simultaneously prepping for the March 16 launch of R.B.I. Baseball 21. Headlined this year by Chicago White Sox superstar shortstop Tim Anderson, R.B.I. Baseball 21 first gameplay trailer of the new season was unveiled today by MLB.
As part of the run-up to launch, Topps, the Exclusive Trading Card of MLB, created an exclusive run of Tim Anderson Foil Cards which come free for players who pre-order the game from Target and Walmart. The game is also available for pre-order from GameStop.
This is the eighth installment of the R.B.I. Baseball franchise developed by Major League Baseball. The new edition continues its legacy of offering arcade baseball entertainment with an increasing array of new features and enhancements, many of which were implemented at the request of the R.B.I. Baseball player community.
This year, R.B.I. Baseball 21 – as developed by the MLB Games & VR team – offers new in-demand features including:
- Play-by-play commentary by MLB Network’s Fran Charles;
- Create-a-player mode in which a player builds the ultimate five-tool player;
- Individual Statcast data for every pitcher, modeling his real-life form and pitches, such as Dustin May’s sinker and Sixto Sanchez’ changeup;
- Progressive time of day scenarios, presenting realistic environmental factors, such as afternoon games transitioning to twilight and evening play;
- Increased customization options ranging from batting controls to camera angles;
- For Nintendo Switch players, R.B.I. Baseball 21 now features online play to match up head-to-head.
R.B.I. Baseball 21 is officially licensed by MLB and MLBPA. It will be available for the Xbox family of devices (smart delivery), PS4, the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. For more information visit www.RBIGame.com, follow @RBIGame on Twitter, @RBIGame on Instagram or on Facebook.