September 10, 2020 — Six Flags Great Adventure, the World’s Ultimate Thrill Park, today announced the 16 attractions that will take center stage at the park’s HALLOWFEST fall event that temporarily replaces its iconic Fright Fest. The event will feature Thrills by Day with family-friendly activities and Chills by Night with rides on monster coasters in the dark and haunting Halloween theming throughout the park. With a special focus on safety for both guests and team members, HALLOWFEST will include daily temperature checks and face masks required for guests and team members prior to entry, social distancing, and enhanced sanitization measures.
From 2 to 6 p.m, families and young thrill-seekers will experience HALLOWFEST Thrills by Day including:
- Scarecrow Street – Guests are greeted with the sights and smells of autumn as Main Street is decorated in its fall finest with colorful mums, pumpkins, cornstalks, hay bales, and more;
- Pumpkin Patch Lane – Between Fantasy Forest and THE JOKER, guests can stroll amid the pumpkins and hay bales. Located next to Yum Yum Café;
- Hay Bale Maze – Kids 12 and younger can wind their way through the hay! Located on Pumpkin Patch Lane, the heart of the maze features a giant straw man photo opportunity. Located next to Yum Yum Café;
- Trick-or-Treat Trail — Kids 12 and younger can meet friendly Halloween monsters and receive a bag of individually wrapped sweet treats. Located in the courtyard of Houdini’s Great Escape;
- Magic on the Move – A mysterious magician on the move brings his mesmerizing feats to the streets;
- Cornstalk National Park — This fanciful kids area on the Great Lake, complete with six rides for the little ones, is adorned with towering cornstalks. Located in Bugs Bunny National Park; and
- Halloween-themed specialty treats, like gooey caramel apples and funnel cakes made with Snickers candy, available for purchase.
Chills by Night begins at 6 p.m. and will feature four scare zones, three shows, and three haunted mazes available outdoors in the wide-open midways, plus one indoor haunted maze:
- Scarecrow Street After Dark – The cheery, festive Main Street area takes a chilling turn as evil scarecrows and zombies come to life in this scare zone around the orange fountain;
- District 6 Unearthed – Ominous fog, eerie lighting, and sirens in this scare zone alert guests that mutant villains have seized control of this gritty Lakefront section at the end of Scarecrow Street;
- Lady of the Lake Cemetery — Cursed by the Jersey Devil, drowned bride Guinevere – the bride in black — haunts the Great Lake along with her undead throng in this scare zone along the Lakefront; and
- ClownTown – It’s all fun and games until wicked clowns bring mayhem and madness to the streets of Movietown in this unnerving scare zone;
- The Emergence – When the clock strikes 6 p.m., the theme park takes a creepy turn as haunting sounds fill the air. A horde of ghouls infiltrate the midways, emerging from a different location each night so guests never know where fear will strike;
- PrimeEvil Percussion – Driving beats hit the streets in this pulse-pounding percussion show; and
- Street Cirque – Spellbinding performers bring their awe-inspiring talents to the midways throughout the heart of the theme park.
HAUNTED MAZES – Special Hallow-Maze ticket required
- Mama’s Farm – In this haunted outdoor maze, Mama welcomes guests to her nightmarish homestead of half-human, half-animal mutants who dare to explore the backcountry of The Golden Kingdom;
- Apocalypse – In this haunted outdoor maze, guests try to survive this raw world of scavengers trapped in a global catastrophe. Located in the Metropolis section;
- Wicked Woods – In this haunted outdoor maze, guests dare to venture into the dark and haunted woods where evil creatures from fables and folklore come to life. Located near Cornstalk National Park; and
- Reflections of the Dead – In this haunted indoor maze, guests come face-to-face with themselves as they try to escape a labyrinth of mirrors, mystery and mayhem. Located in Adventure Alley, this attraction features high-tech, special effects, and operates without scare actors.
Six Flags’ signature collection of world-class roller coasters ramp up the fear factor for a heart-pounding HALLOWFEST experience as guests fly through the air at high speeds in total darkness. Halloween gear, such as themed masks, witch headbands, light-up devil horns, and scary apparel, will be on sale along with everybody’s favorite glow-in-the-dark necklaces, bracelets and light sticks.
HALLOWFEST will kick off September 18 and run weekends through November 1 plus October 12 and select weekdays. The park will operate from 2 to 10 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays, and from 5 p.m. with varying closing times on Friday evenings. Reservations will ensure limited capacity admission, and slots are expected to fill up quickly. The company’s comprehensive and ongoing safety protocols will be in effect for the entire run of the event.
Six Flags worked in partnership with its epidemiologist consultants to create a safe Halloween experience that meets or exceeds federal, state, and local guidelines. Park attendance will be carefully monitored to avoid overcrowding and all Members, Season Pass Holders, and guests with single-day tickets will be required to make a reservation to attend HALLOWFEST.
- All team members (including scare-actors) and all guests 2 years and up will be required to wear masks covering the nose and mouth while in the parks;
- No indoor shows or indoor haunted mazes with scare actors will be operated; haunted mazes and scare zones will be operated outdoors with social distancing strictly enforced;
- A limited number of nighttime scare-actors will remain at least six feet away from guests and each other;
- Guests viewing outdoor entertainment will be separated by at least six feet;
- Props, rides, restraints, handrails, and dining and restroom facilities will be cleaned and sanitized regularly; and
- Multiple alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the parks for guest and team member usage.
For more information on HALLOWFEST and Six Flags’ comprehensive safety guidelines, visit www.sixflags.com/hallowfest
HALLOWFEST reservations are available at www.sixflags.com/reserve. Most HALLOWFEST activities are included with park admission, active Memberships and Season Passes. Chills By Night begins at 6 p.m. and is not recommended for children under 12 and those who scare easily.
The Wild Safari-Drive-Thru Adventure will operate daily through Sept. 27, then weekends and select days through Thanksgiving.
For more information, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure