Join in on the weird and wonderful world of nerd fandom and celebrate SYFY’s coolest picks of the summer with SYFY WIRE AFTER DARK this Saturday, August 1 at 11PM ET/PT. From comic books and superheroes to wacky water toys and favorite summer movies this 45-minute special is hosted by Jackie Jennings and her talking cat sidekick, Mr. Scribbles, and will feature a variety of SYFY WIRE correspondents and guests breaking down the latest and greatest genre discussions, debates, fan-favorite products and more.
SYFY WIRE AFTER DARK segments include:
- SUPERHERO SIDE HUSTLES: An in-depth discussion with WIRE correspondent and comic expert Angélique Roché on Wonder Woman’s most unexpected side hustles
- SUMMER READING BOOK CLUB: A fun series of short segments presented by WIRE correspondent and literary master Brian Silliman breaking down the best comics to add to summer reading lists this year
- TOY MASTERS: Wet and wild show-and-tell with toy specialist Tom Neff and his adorable family featuring the best classic backyard water toys and a celebration of the 30th anniversary of the super soaker
- BEHIND THE PANEL: WIRE’s resident comic book fanboy and “metal nerd” Juan Cadavid digs into the epic “Dark Nights: Death Metal” series from DC — breaking it down for current comic book readers and new fans alike
- SUPERHERO SYMBOLOGY: WIRE’s Superman superfan Matt Romano takes viewers on an in-depth journey discussing the evolution of the iconic Superman symbol
- COMICS THAT BLEW OUR MIND: Comics queen and WIRE correspondent Whitney Moore dissects “The Sandman” from its origins to the adaptation in the works today
- SUMMER TIPS FROM GRANT IMAHARA: Short, light-hearted segments featuring the beloved late robotics specialist and television personality Grant Imahara sharing tongue-in-cheek tips on how to get the most out of summer
Throughout SYFY WIRE AFTER DARK viewers will also have the ability to instantly buy what they see utilizing both NBCUniversal Checkout and ShoppableTV, including graphic novels from some of Dark Horse Comics’ most popular properties, The Witcher, Umbrella Academy, or the soon-to-be SYFY series Resident Alien; goodr sunglasses‘ limited edition “Wonder Woman 1984” sunglasses; and “Superman,” “Dark Nights: Death Metal” or “The Sandman” products from Graphitti Designs.