London, June 07, 2019 — Thrustmaster has switched to air combat maneuvering mode for the 2019 edition of FlightSimExpo in Orlando, Florida. After a long period of development and beta testing required to perfect this authentic joystick, the juicy details regarding the replica of the legendary F/A-18C Hornet™ control stick can finally be revealed.
A flight stick grip with a rich history behind it
Following the amazing and popular level of performance made possible by its first replica joystick, the HOTAS Warthog (A-10C), Thrustmaster is thrilled to offer a new and versatile grip alternative for simmers that want to take their flight simulations to the next level.
Modeled after the multifunctional control stick found in the U.S. Navy’s famed F/A-18C Hornet™ multirole fighter, this HOTAS Add-On Grip will provide simmers a real-as-it-gets flight experience — all the way from launching off the carrier deck, to dogfighting and pounding ground targets.
Just like its namesake fighter/attack aircraft, the F/A-18C Hornet™ HOTAS Add-On Grip has been built with multitasking in mind: it’s perfect for one moment battling a MiG to the next taking out a platoon of enemy tanks.
Key product features
- Life-size, 1:1 scale replica of the F/A-18C Hornet™ flight stick handle.
- Metal design (grip), with durable, industrial-grade materials for an authentic feel and maximum product lifespan.
- 19 action buttons, including a realistic 2-step trigger and one 8-direction “Point of View” hat switch. The same number of inputs as the HOTAS Warthog control stick.
- Native integration in the game DCS (sold separately) via the dedicated F/A-18C module.
- Nearly identical stick to that used in the AV-8B Night Attack and F-15E Strike Eagle.
- Backwards-compatible with two best-selling Thrustmaster joystick bases: HOTAS Warthog and HOTAS Cougar (sold separately): easily swap your HOTAS Warthog and HOTAS Cougar with the flight grip.
While the product is compatible with all the most popular flight sim titles, the F/A-18C Hornet™ HOTAS Add-On Grip serves as a true extension for Digital Combat Simulator: F/A-18C Hornet by Eagle Dynamics.
As Matt Wagner, the Executive Producer of the Digital Combat Simulator series points out: “If you fly in DCS: F/A-18C Hornet and want to really enjoy the ultimate simulation experience, don’t wait to get your hands on this new joystick.”
Key features of the F/A-18C Hornet™ HOTAS Add-On Grip:
- Pre-orders begin:
- From June 7, 2019 on Thrustmaster e-shop
- From June 10, 2019 worldwide
- Commercial availability: from July 25, 2019
- Suggested retail price: £179.99
Check out the awesome FlightSimExpo by following Thrustmaster on social media — discover or dive deeper into the joystick’s many advanced features by getting an in-game look via the F/A-18C Hornet™ DCS module.