SAN FRANCISCO, CA — March 15, 2019 — Today, Ubisoft announced that Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, the second chapter of the critically acclaimed and best-selling franchise, is available now on the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Windows PC, including Standard, Gold, Ultimate and Collector’s editions.
Led by Massive Entertainment in collaboration with seven other studios around the world*, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 is the next evolution in the open-world online shooter RPG genre that the first game helped establish. Set seven months after a deadly virus was released in New York City, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 brings players into a fractured and collapsing Washington D.C. The world is on the brink, its people living through the biggest crisis ever faced in human history. As veteran Division agents, players are the last hope against the complete fall of society as enemy factions vie for control of the city. If Washington D.C. is lost, the entire nation falls. Building upon more than two years of listening to and learnings from The Division community, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 will offer a substantial campaign that organically flows into a robust endgame, to create a cohesive and meaningful experience for all types of players, helping players emphasize their freedom to make strategic choices and hone their own approach.
After completing the main campaign, the world will be invaded by the most challenging faction players will have to face, the Black Tusks, opening up a whole new range of tools and activities as part of the game’s endgame-first philosophy.
Additionally, players can look forward to novel, unique and diverse activities long after completing the main campaign, beginning with a full year of free post-launch content that includes:
- Tidal Basin, which releases shortly after launch, will reveal a new challenging stronghold held by the Black Tusks;
- Operation Dark Hours, also releasing soon after launch, will be the first 8-player raid in the history of The Division;
- Episode 1, D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions, releasing in Summer 2019, will take players to the surrounding areas of Washington to fight for the liberation of the city in two additional main missions, a new game mode to investigate the fate of a lost convoy, encountering unexpected threats along the way;
- Episode 2: Pentagon: The Last Castle, releasing in Fall 2019, will have additional main missions, with players storming the Pentagon to unveil the secrets that hide beneath one of America’s most iconic locations;
- Episode 3, releasing in Winter 2019 will close the first chapter of The Division 2 story and pave the way for more content to come.
For players who want to get their hands on new content as soon as possible, the Year 1 Pass will grant players the following:
- Seven-day early access to all Year 1 Episodes narrative content;
- Instant access to all Year 1 Specializations as they release;
- Eight Classified Assignments revealing more about the fall of D.C.;
- Exclusive cosmetics and additional in-game activities, such as base of operations projects and bounties.
For more information on Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, please visit: tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.