LOS ANGELES, August 30, 2018 – With several of its traditional cities plus the exciting “ Ghostbusters Fan Fest” as highlights, Wizard Wizard World, Inc. (OTCBB: WIZD) today announced the initial 11 events to be held in 2019, beginning with New Orleans, January 4-6. Additional cities and venues are still to be scheduled and will be announced when finalized.
Wizard World also announced that its Springfield, Mo., and Montgomery, Ala., shows, which were originally scheduled for October 26-28 and November 9-11, 2018, as first time markets, will not be held. All remaining 2018 Wizard World events will proceed as scheduled.
The 2019 calendar will see the return of Wizard World’s two longest-running events, Chicago (22nd year) and Philadelphia (19th annual). In addition, Wizard World will hold its tenth Austin and ninth New Orleans and Columbus shows, as well as its seventh visits to Portland and St. Louis , respectively. The dates for Tulsa and Sacramento will be established following the 2018 events in those cities. Tickets for all 2019 Wizard World events are available for sale now at http://www.wizardworld.com.
The 2019 schedule to date is as follows (*denotes new for 2019):
· January 4-6, New Orleans, Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
· February 22-24, Portland, Ore., Oregon Convention Center
· March 8-10, Cleveland, Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland
· April 5-7, St. Louis, America’s Center
· *June 8-9, Ghostbusters Fan Fest Presented By Wizard World, Sony Pictures Studio Lot in Culver City, Calif.
· June 13-16, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Convention Center
· July 19-21, Boise, Idaho, Boise Centre
· August 22-25, Chicago, Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
· October 18-20, Columbus, Ohio, Greater Columbus Convention Center
· October 25-27, Madison, Wis., Alliant Energy Center
· TBD, Tulsa, Okla., Cox Business Center
· TBD, Sacramento, Calif., Cal Expo
· November 8-10, Austin, Texas, Austin Convention Center
· 2020 TBD, Des Moines, Iowa, Iowa Events Center
The rosters of celebrities and artists at each city are still being formed; those, as well as entertainment and programming schedules, will be announced closer to each respective date.
Wizard World events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. Kids 10 and under are admitted free with paid adult.
Wizard World is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor and participate in the famed Wizard World Costume Contest on Saturday evening at each show.