June 4, 2018 – The conflict between the Horde and the Alliance rages on inside the Nexus with the upcoming Warcraft-event: Echoes of Alterac! Battle for glory on Alterac Pass, a new battleground inspired by the iconic World of Warcraft battleground, Alterac Valley. Choose to a side, then complete a series of quests to unlock your faction’s a portrait, banner, and mount! And don’t forget to show your Azerothian spirit with new skins, mounts, sprays, and other cosmetic items—as well as an all new Warcraft hero, Yrel, the Light of Hope.
- New Map – Alterac Pass: A snow-covered, three-lane Battleground that is the first to bring a piece of the World of Warcraft’s Alterac Valley to the Nexus. Raze keeps, gather forces, and defeat your opponent’s legendary General: Drek’Thar for the Horde, and Vanndar Stormpike for the Alliance.
- New Map Mechanic – Cavalry: Your Cavalry units have been captured by the enemy! Your goal is to break them out of Cages on the map while preventing the enemy team from doing so. Channel on the enemy Cage to gain control of it, then maintain control until your prisoner is freed. After a short delay, the winning team will spawn a Cavalry unit in each lane, boosting the movement speed and damage of nearby allies.
- Lay Siege to your Opponents: Standard cores have been replaced by Generals who will fight back when attacked! Generals can be attacked after one keep is destroyed, but they gain 20 armor from each keep that’s still intact—destroy all three enemy keeps to diminish their defenses.
- Destroy Keeps to Spawn Reavers: When a keep is destroyed, the enemy team will begin to spawn melee Reaver minions instead of catapults. Reavers lead your other minions into combat, and serve to tank the brunt of the enemy General’s attacks.
- New Hero – Yrel: This Draenei paladin is a deliberate melee warrior with heavyweight abilities and a unique gameplay style that rewards premeditation and commitment
- New Event – Echoes of Alterac: It’s time to pick a side! Declare your allegiance to the Horde or the Alliance, then complete the following questline and unlock your faction’s Warcraft themed rewards, including a portrait, banner, and mount:
- Quest: Play four games as a Warcraft Hero.
- Reward: Warcraft Reinforcements Chest (Contains four item drops as usual, but one of them is guaranteed to be a Warcraft Hero from a pool of 28)
- Quest: Achieve 50 takedowns in winning games.
- Reward: Faction Portrait
- Quest: Play six games with friends.
- Reward: Faction Banner
- Lordaeron Banner for the Alliance
- Orgrimmar Banner for the Horde
- Quest: Win eight games as a Warcraft Hero.
- Reward: Faction Mount (Ram for the Alliance, Wolf for the Horde)
- Reward: Faction Banner
Raid the Nexus for Epic Loot: Get your hands on new Warcraft-themed skins, mounts, sprays, and more via Echoes of Alterac loot chests and three event-exclusive bundles, or craft them with Shards!