Riverside, CA. (September 26, 2017) – The Inland Empire’s favorite daytime and nighttime Halloween events, Happy Hauntings and Castle Dark, are back for tricksters of all ages at Castle Park. Happy Hauntings is filled with family friendly Halloween fun and festivities during the daytime hours, and when darkness falls, Castle Park transforms into its heart-racing, exhilarating Halloween haunt, Castle Dark. Beginning October 6 th through the 29th , every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday the gates will creek open at 7:00pm for Castle Dark. Venture throughout the park to three all new haunted maze attractions and the brand new virtual reality attraction, Ghost Manor™.
NEW FOR 2017: Ghost Manor™ VR Experience – Modal has brought an immersive new dimension of fun to Castle Dark! Enter into a fun and spooky virtual reality walk-through experience unlike anything you have seen before. Explore the haunted grounds on a spellbinding journey full of magical illusions, eerie sights, and sometimes frightening encounters with the unknown in this virtual reality walk-through attraction. “Castle Park has proven to be an ideal partner for Modal. They are a forward-thinking company and they truly understand Modal’s mission to make magical VR experiences affordable for everyone.” – Nolan Bushnell, cofounder of Modal.
Ghost Manor™ VR Experience is an additional $5.
2017 Mazes include the following:
- Castle Peak Cavern (NEW) – Dare to enter into a cryptic cavern, filled with the spirits of a family that were buried alive after a cave-in took their lives.
- Shiverton Keep Maze (NEW) – Take a journey into the forbidden kingdom of the living dead who have been infested with the deadly plague.
- Carnival of “S”laughter (NEW) – Mimes and clowns have gone mad and are feuding, trying to kill anyone that gets in their way. Join the mayhem that lies ahead.
For guests looking for more cheer than fear, Castle Park’s Happy Hauntings is the perfect place for fright-less family fun every Saturday and Sunday, October 7-29. The ride park opens at noon and Happy Hauntings activities for guests 12 and under are from 3:00-5:00pm.
- Costume Contests – Kids are welcome to wear their favorite Halloween costume for a chance to win a prize, at 3:00pm inside of the Big Top.
- Pumpkin Painting Contests – At 4:00pm, kids are welcome to join in a fun Halloween pumpkin painting contest.
- House of Halloween Maze (NEW) – Witches and ghouls ages 12 and under can venture into a friendly Halloween maze where they’ll find a special treat spot at 5:00pm!
Castle Park’s Happy Hauntings and Castle Dark admission tickets start as low as $9.99 for each event when you buy online. Happy Hauntings ticket price includes all activities, available every Saturday and Sunday, October 7 – 29. Castle Dark opens at 7:00 pm, Friday through Sunday, from October 6-29. Both events will also have rides, arcade, and miniature golf open. Hours of operation may vary. Visit castlepark.com for more details.
Castle Dark is rated PG for Pretty Gruesome and not recommended for children 12 and under. Masks are NOT permitted to be worn into the park during Castle Dark. No outside food or beverages are permitted.