Plymouth, MI. – March 10, 2016 – Stardock has announced March 31, 2016 as the release date for its highly anticipated real-time strategy game, Ashes of the Singularity. Set in a future where humanity has expanded into the stars and is now in conflict for control of key planets in the galaxy, players wage planetary warfare on a massive scale to conquer opponents and control planets.
Ashes of the Singularity allows players to command their forces in a war that has spread across much of the galaxy in the 23rd century. Players have a choice of playing either the descendants of humanity, the Post-Human Coalition, or their bitter strong-AI enemy, the Substrate, as they fight for control over the galaxy’s most prized resource, Turinium.
“With Ashes of the Singularity, we want to present players with a game that lets them feel like they are fighting a planetary war, not just a battle,” said CEO and President of Stardock, Brad Wardell.
While the game includes a non-linear campaign, single player scenarios and skirmishes backed by the first multi-core RTS game AI, the game also supports ranked multiplayer with a lively community, custom matches with friends vs. AI or any combination thereof.
“We are not looking to reinvent the RTS,” said Wardell. “Our goal is to introduce a new generation of gamers to the general awesomeness of real time strategy gaming. That means showing how well non-cheating computer players can perform in single player as well as making it easy to get multiplayer games going.”
Key features of Ashes of the Singularity include:
- Massive numbers of units in the world that can be easily organized into armies that allow players to fight wars across several different fronts simultaneously.
- The world’s first multi-core real-time AI allowing for a non-cheating AI that can beat most players.
- A story-driven, non-linear campaign that tells the story of a United Earth in the 23rd century.
- A focus on single player replayability while including a wealth of multiplayer features.
- The future-proofed Nitrous 3D engine whose 64-bit, multi-core foundation supports DirectX 11, DirectX 12 and multiple GPUs.
For more information about Ashes of the Singularity, please visit www.ashesofthesingularity.com.