London – 10th December, 2015 – Elliot Myers and the team behind Roto VR can today officially announce they have successfully raised $300,000 [in a round led by Jensons Solutions] of equity investment to launch their hotly anticipated ‘Roto’ VR chair with a target for launch of May, 2016.
Roto, which has been designed for VR from the ground up, physically rotates players in the real world, to match their movements in the virtual – adding a greater sense of immersion to all VR experiences.
By matching physical movements to those experienced in the virtual world, players’ eyes and inner-ear balance detectors are in sync – making VR feel much more real while addressing many of the inherent challenges associated with VR headsets – tangling cables, motion sickness, comfort and safety.
“We’re so excited to see our vision for Roto become a reality and to offer developers and consumers our vision of what the seated VR experience should be” commented Elliott Myers, CEO at Roto VR. “It’s particularly exciting to launch alongside 1st party HMDs from May, 2016. Roto provides the ultimate in seated VR experiences, just kick back and let Roto do all the hard work.”
7 reasons why Roto VR will be an essential purchase for developers and consumers alike:
- The ideal VR companion for retail, event and home use.
- Combining motor rotation with headtracking – users are auto-turned to wherever they are looking, making 360 viewing immersive, comfortable and safe.
- Roto’s bi-directional motor allows developers to create scripted 360 journeys; great for games, movies, guided tours and more.
- No more tangled cables! Plug your USB and HDMI cables into Roto itself – the connector rotates with you, meaning you can turn through a full 360 degrees, again and again, and never get caught up… all while charging your battery!
- Tactile feedback through Roto’s rumble feature.
- An optional Roto Table attachment lets you take your accessories with you into 360 VR – just put your joystick, steering wheel, keyboard, mouse on the Roto Table and they’ll be right in front of you, no matter how much you spin around!
- Works with all headsets, games, movies and peripherals out of the box.
If you want to be first in line for Roto, please subscribe to our website for news and pre-order registration – coming soon!