Cambridge, UK, 24th June 2014 – Frontier Developments plc (AIM: FDEV), the leading independent game developer with studios in Cambridge, UK and Halifax, Nova Scotia, today released Elite: Dangerous Premium Beta 2.
The Premium Beta phase of development of Frontier’s epic multiplayer space game Elite: Dangerous continues with Premium Beta 2. There are significant improvements in many different areas, with major highlights being:
- Three new star systems are available to explore and trade within, Aulin, LHS 3006 and Styx.
- Giant Orbis class starports have been added, which are complex 8km diameter structures, larger and more luxurious than Coriolis star ports.
- A new space ship type, the Hauler, is the first flyable Zorgon Peterson ship to be added. It’s an entry-level trading ship, to follow on from the Sidewinder. It has four times the cargo capacity of the Eagle, the entry-level combat ship,
- Additional language support has been added, with German as the first such language to be added to English.
- A high resolution screen capture facility has been added (capturing at four times the current screen resolution)
- Improved functionality in the installer, giving incremental updates going forwards.
- Improved performance.
New video of the Orbis here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex2nGIvbiVI
“Feedback from Premium Beta 1 has been really helpful. We are continuing to refine endless details in addition to the ‘headline’ changes, and so Premium Beta 2 is another great step towards Beta.” said Frontier’s CEO David Braben.
You can play Elite: Dangerous now via: Premium Beta.
The Elite: Dangerous Standard Beta is available to pre-order here.
The retail version of Elite: Dangerous is available to pre-order here.
Those who have already pre-ordered Standard Beta or the retail version can upgrade to Premium Beta and start playing Elite: Dangerous today.