SAN FRANCISCO- July 15, 2013 – Twitch, the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, today announced it will be partnering with Video Games Live™, the world’s first and most successful video game touring concert series, to live stream their multimedia concert and pre-show on July 20th, 2013, beginning at 6:00pm PDT. The free concert – which is being presented by Amazon Video Games and sponsored by Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag – will be held during the week of San Diego Comic-Con at the San Diego Civic Theatre. The spectacle includes music performed by orchestras and choirs set to synchronized video clips spanning the most popular video games of all time to the most anticipated games on the horizon. To watch the concert online via Twitch or to embed the player on another site, visit: www.Twitch.tv/Twitch.
Among the 20 song set list, Video Games Live will feature several world premieres, including the music from Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, Destiny™ and Dota™2, with Dota 2 featuring previously unseen gameplay and cinematic footage. This concert will also include new world premiere arrangements of music from Diablo®III and the Monkey Island series. In addition, there will be music performed from iconic games and franchises, such as Final Fantasy®, Street Fighter II, Castlevania, Shadow of the Colossus, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim®, Journey™, Chrono Trigger®, Chrono Cross™ and many more.
“At Bungie we are all storytellers. We’ve composed Music of the Spheres to enable the listener to experience a part of Destiny’s story as a purely musical journey. For that reason we are releasing this suite as a prequel to the game itself,” said Marty O’Donnell, Audio Director at Bungie. “Video Games Live’s global vision is appealing, and their charter matches the emotional connection through music we’ve always tried to achieve from Halo to Destiny.”
Preceding the live broadcast of the concert, interviews will be conducted during a two-hour pre-show with many of the musicians involved in the show and other industry luminaries. Twitch viewers will also be able to pose questions to guests using the following hashtag: #playtheclassics.
Video Games Live Schedule:
- 6:00pm: Gerard Marino, Composer God of War [guest musician]
- 6:10pm: Tim Larkin, Composer Dota 2 (Valve) [guest conductor]
- 6:20pm: Austin Wintory, Grammy nominated composer of Journey [guest conductor]
- 6:30pm: Emmanuel Fratianni, Video game/film/TV composer & principle conductor of Video Games Live
- 6:40pm: Jillian Aversa: Vocalist (Halo, God of War, Civilization, Soul Calibur) [vocal soloist]
- 6:50pm: Clint Bajakian & Peter McConnell, original LucasArts composers [guest musicians]
- 7:00pm: Eimear Noone, Conductor of Diablo III and Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses [guest conductor]
- 7:10pm: Russell Brower, Audio Director, Composer – Blizzard Entertainment [guest conductor]
- 7:20pm: Brian Tyler: Film composer & composer of Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag [guest conductor]
- 7:30pm: Marty O’Donnell & Mike Salvatori, Halo & Destiny [guest conductors]
- 7:40pm: David Hayter, voice of the original Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid 1 – 4
- 7:50pm: Costume Contest
- 8:00pm – 9:00pm: Video Games Live – Act I
- 9:00pm – 9:15: Tommy Tallarico, Video game composer & Creator/Producer/Host of Video Games Live
- 9:20pm – 10:30pm: Video Games Live – Act II
“Out of the hundreds of shows we’ve done around the world for the past ten years, this one is turning out to be one of our biggest ever thanks to the Amazon Video Games Store and the worldwide reach that Twitch brings,” said Video game composer and Video Games Live creator/producer Tommy Tallarico. “Knowing this, we are pulling out all the stops to ensure the best show for the millions of people who will be watching.”
Since the 2011 launch of Twitch, the company has become the epicenter of live broadcasting in the video game community with more than 35 million unique visitors and 600,000 unique broadcasters per month. The result is a broad array of content provided by video game publishers and developers, eSports organizations and players, media outlets, conventions, and user generated content from shows to game play segments. Video Games Live exemplifies the diverse nature of programming on Twitch.
“The Video Games Live concert series is known for sell out shows since they have incredible access to top composers as well as exclusive footage from a lot of anticipated games,” said Emmett Shear, Twitch CEO. “Because of the event’s popularity, it’s great to be able to offer a live broadcast alternative on Twitch to those unable to get tickets or make the trek to San Diego.”