Haarlem, The Netherlands – March 11, 2013 – Videogame developer Zero Sum Games and publisher Iceberg Interactive announced today their hugely anticipated 4x space strategy gameStarDrive is now playable in Beta on Steam. Throughout the Steam Beta stage, StarDrive will be available at a 15 percent discount (pre-order and play now), StarDrive also made the best-seller list on Steam this weekend.
As an appetizer for the beta launch, Iceberg has released an official teaser trailer. The trailer illustrates the action and dynamics, giving gamers new insights into the game. The video can be streamed at the Iceberg Youtube channel.
StarDrive is a space-themed 4X strategy game with deep ship design, colonization, diplomacy, research, and beautiful 3D graphics designed by new developer Zero Sum Games, which ran a successful Kickstarter campaign in 2011. StarDrive features include:
- Real-time gameplay with a seamless zoom from a grand strategic view to a close-up action view
- Choose from eight beautifully rendered alien races or design your own; interact, negotiate, and forge allegiances on your way to victory
- Expand your empire and colonize all kinds of planets, terraform and populate them, and build them into specialized centers of trade or industry
- Research and unlock an array of technologies to improve your military and industrial capabilities
- Control your ships with classic real-time strategy commands or jump into the fray by taking direct ‘arcade’ control of any ship in your empire
- Create your unique ship designs with the modular ship design system and determine your own fate in battle
- Create custom fleet formations and set rules of engagement in the easy-to-use fleet editor
- Steal technologies, incite rebellions, or rob your enemies blind with a rich agent-based espionage system
- Deploy ground troops from orbit to defeat the enemies’ last planetary defenses in ground combat
- Explore the rich universe that comes alive with random events, remnant elements, hidden treasures, deep space terrors and late-game threats
“After years of creating this game we are finally ready and hugely excited to be entering the beta stage on Steam,” Zero Sum Games CEO Daniel DiCicco says. “We are hungry for the feedback of the seasoned 4x gamers that have been following development. The game is still evolving and with the help of our fans it will only get better, while at the same time we are confident they will have a blast with StarDrive as it is now!”
“After having been in QA testing for over four months, we have a polished beta build, ready for the masses of fans who have been waiting patiently for this day,” Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder adds. “StarDrive will challenge experienced 4X players and let them re-live the golden days of grand space strategy games. This is going to to be a very special occasion, when a guy who had a dream finally unveils his masterpiece, having dedicated so much to see it come to fruition.”
More information about the game can be found on the official StarDrive Website: www.stardrivegame.com/