REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – July 16, 2012 — Be the Most Wanted amongst your friends with high performance cars that fit your driving style. Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) and Criterion Games today unveiled the pre-order exclusives for one of this holiday’s most anticipated racing blockbusters, Need for Speed™ Most Wanted. After shattering franchise records with 36 award nominations and 18 wins at last month’s Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), including Best Racing Game and Best Multiplayer Game; Need for Speed Most Wanted gives a connected generation of racing fans the ultimate freedom to race, chase and explore their way to the top to become the Most Wanted amongst their friends. Players that pre-order* the game now will receive the Need for Speed Most Wanted Limited Edition, which includes two early unlocked multiplayer cars with special performance modifications: the Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale and Porsche 911 Carrera S — as well as many other bonuses. When fans pre-order Need for Speed™ Most Wanted from Origin and select retailers**, they will be able to unlock additional exclusive packs: the Speed Pack, Strike Pack or Power Pack. With the Need for Speed Most Wanted Limited Edition players can outdrive friends and outsmart rivals with amplified style, finesse and attitude. Visit http://www.needforspeed.com for details and for more information go to participating retailers.
“In Need for Speed Most Wanted, everything players do earn them Speed Points which are used to compete to be the Most Wanted amongst their friends” said Matt Webster, Executive Producer at Criterion Games. “Fans with the Limited Edition or pre-order packs will have additional cars to choose from on day one – cars that fit how they like to compete in multiplayer, whether it’s going for the highest top speed, farthest jump, or the fastest race time.”
Multiplayer bonuses included in the Need for Speed Most Wanted Limited Edition include:
- Four hours of Double Speed Points: Players earn double speed points throughout the first four hours of multiplayer
- 2012 Porsche 911 Carerra S: Optimized Aerodynamic Body that reduces drag for maximum speed and Nitrous Burn, delivering efficient and sustained speed boosts
- Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale: A Race Pack Powertrain tuned for increased power and the impact protection modification to provide increased stability and strength when driving at breakneck speeds
Pre-order packs now available at Origin and select retailers include early access to multiplayer cars with unique modifications that fit different play styles:
- Speed Pack: The Caterham Superlight R500 in the exclusive Satin Black livery, featuring the Track Tyres Modification for improved road handling, and the Lightweight Chassis Modification allowing players to reach mesmerizing speeds
- Strike Pack: The Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series in the exclusive Satin Black livery, featuring the Power Pack Powertrain Modification for an engine tuned for torque, acceleration and the ability to reach breakneck speeds, and the Re-inflating Tyres Modification making it easier to survive and counter rivals’ attempts to slow players down
- Power Pack: The Ford F-150 SVT Raptor in the exclusive Satin Black livery, featuring the Reinforced Chassis Modification for taking increased damage, and the powerful and violent Nitrous Dump Modification for making tight jumps and powered up takedowns
Designed for a new, more connected generation of racing fans, Need for Speed Most Wanted offers players an expansive open world packed with exhilarating action where they can choose their own path to become the Most Wanted. Players will have the freedom to drive anywhere, discover hidden locations, takedown rivals, challenge friends or just hang out and toy with the cops. In addition, players will be able to enjoy a new standard of social competition thanks to Criterion’s ground-breaking, friend-connecting technology, Autolog 2, which keeps intense competition at the heart of the experience by tracking Speed Points and game accomplishments across players’ social networks and making gameplay recommendations to further fuel the competition.
Need for Speed Most Wanted will be available October 30, 2012 in North America and November 2, 2012 in Europe for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system, PC, iOS and Android™. For more information on Need for Speed, visit http://www.needforspeed.com or become a fan on Facebook® at http://www.facebook.com/