Rockstar Games has announced the Game of the Year Edition of their highly-acclaimed Western, Red Dead Redemption. The GOTY Edition is due out on October 11th, and will feature all of the available DLC packs and content for the game which has been released since the game’s launch in May of 2010.
“We wanted to create a world that captured the spirit of the Western,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “We are thrilled that Red Dead Redemption’s vision of the West resonated with so many people.”
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition will include the full, original Red Dead Redemption game; all free and paid downloadable content packs released to date, including the wildly popular Undead Nightmare single- and multiplayer offerings; and all bonus content.
The comprehensive package includes:
• Original Red Dead Redemption game with a brand-new hardcore single-player mode;
• Undead Nightmare single-player campaign and multiplayer* modes;
• Legends and Killers Pack*, featuring additional multiplayer map locations, multiplayer characters, and the Tomahawk projectile weapon;
• Liars and Cheats Pack*, including the Stronghold multiplayer competitive mode, Free Roam gambling games, multiplayer horse races with combat, and the Explosive Rifle.
• Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack, featuring two outfits with corresponding gameplay challenges for John Marston;
• Outlaws To The End Co-Op Mission Pack*, including six co-op missions for up to four players;
• All original pre-order content, including the Deadly Assassin Outfit, War Horse, and Golden Guns Weapon Pack;
• Solomon’s Folly single-player gang hideout and challenges available for the first time on Xbox 360;
• Just-released Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack, featuring fan-favorite multiplayer characters and all-new locations to battle in.