The fun just keeps on rolling! ACE Team and Good Shepherd Entertainment have revealed that the award-winning, critically acclaimed The Eternal Cylinder will officially launch on Steam, PlayStation®5, and Xbox Series X|S on Oct. 13, 2022. PlayStation®4 and Xbox One players will be able to upgrade to the next-gen version of this completely original open-world survival adventure game for free on their respective consoles.
Also arriving on October 13 is The Eternal Cylinder’s special Anniversary Update, introducing new game content for all platforms, including two fearsome new creatures to beware of and a powerful new Trebhum ability to discover. The update will also add a variety of technical enhancements for select systems. PC players on Steam and the Epic Games Store will get support for 4K resolution and ray tracing, while PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X users will be able to choose between 4K or ray tracing functions (ray tracing unavailable on Xbox Series S). The PlayStation®5 version will also support the haptic feedback and pressure-sensitive trigger capabilities of the DualSense controller.
A free Steam demo for The Eternal Cylinder will also go live on October 3 as part of Steam Next Fest.
The Eternal Cylinder takes place on an alien world teeming with surreal environments, exotic beings and awe-inspiring wonders, all dominated by The Cylinder: a gargantuan structure of ancient origin that relentlessly crushes everything in its path. You are but a tiny Trebhum – not the strongest or fastest creature, but born with the most powerful ability of all: adaptation. What you lack in size you’ll need to make up for in resourcefulness and ingenuity – mutate and evolve your Trebhum family with new attributes and abilities to navigate hazardous obstacles and escape dangerous predators. Gather your herd and embark on the perilous journey to save your planet from The Eternal Cylinder.
- An Unforgettable Alien World… Explore a vast, open land with four unique biomes, each filled with extraordinary flora, bizarre fauna, and wondrous surprises and horrors at every turn.
- …with Real-time Environmental Destruction: Each time The Cylinder roars to life, more of your beautiful planet is crushed under its weight, leaving nowhere to hide. Run for your life and watch out for new hazards created by the ancient destroyer to survive.
- Build Your Own Alien Family: Choose from more than 50 mutations for each Trebhum, with special abilities like the power to fly, shoot tornadoes, grow spikes and more, to give your herd a variety of ways to overcome any danger. Each mutation grants a unique appearance for your lovable creatures, creating a growing family of diverse companions for your journey.
- Solve Ancient Mysteries: Unlock ancient knowledge from past generations of Trebhum in hidden sanctuaries protected by a variety of clever puzzles.
- Beware The Cylinder’s Dark Servants: Be on guard for monstrous abominations created by The Cylinder to infest, consume and destroy every living thing on the planet.
*NEW ANNIVERSARY CONTENT COMING OCTOBER 13*
- New Creatures to Discover: Two new beings are roaming the world – approach at your own risk!
- The Buddugh Gropp is a highly aggressive herbivore found in the tundra biome.
- The Gharukuk is a large tripodal omnivore located in the desert.
- New Mutation: Your Trebhum have developed a fiery new mutation that lets them shoot jets of flame from their trunks, a spicy defense against predators – especially those with fur!
- New Graphics Options: You’ve never experienced The Eternal Cylinder like this before! Become even more immersed in this wildly vivid world with the following upgrades:
- Steam/Epic Games Store: Enjoy 4K resolution and ray tracing.
- PlayStation 5: Choose between 4K or ray tracing modes, with support for haptic feedback and adaptive triggers on DualSense™ wireless controllers.
- Xbox Series X: Choose between 4K or ray tracing modes (ray tracing unavailable on Xbox Series S).
For more on The Eternal Cylinder, visit www.EternalCylinder.com, and keep up with the latest updates by following the team on Twitter @EternalCylinder and Facebook at www.facebook.com/EternalCylinder.