Reign of Terror Haunted House, one of the most highly-acclaimed, award-winning walk-through Haunted Houses in California and across the entire U.S., reveals thrilling additions and all-new effects to create an astounding production for its 22nd season in 2021. Featuring a record-breaking 130 bone-chilling rooms, 10 inter-connected horror themed attractions, all indoors and covering 28,000 square feet of floor space in the single largest indoor haunted house in Southern California, Reign of Terror will open a record 17 nights, starting September 24, and running October 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 24, 28, 29, 30, 31 November 5 and 6 at Janss Marketplace, located off the 101 Freeway, at the intersection of Hillcrest Drive and Moorpark Road in Thousand Oaks. Reign of Terror hours are 7:00pm – 11:00pm on Fridays and Saturdays, 7:00pm – 10:00pm Sunday and Thursday. On average, it takes 25 – 30 minutes or more to complete a walk-through of this massive haunted house.
An entirely new section, called “Un-Hallowed Ground”, premieres as Reign of Terror’s 10th haunted attraction. Visitors will encounter an order of Pagan Monks as they tend to sacrilegious scriptures in the dark corners of their twisted house of worship. Hungry vultures linger by, while unexpected appearances occur throughout the sinister sanctuary.
Reign of Terror’s incredible high level of detail, theming and overall fun will be evident again across all the changes made to existing attractions: Miner’s Revenge, Asylum, The Victorian Haunted Mansion, Inbred, Casa Blood, Infected, Quarantine and Fun House. Fan favorites, including “The White-Out Experience”, “Slime Bog”, and the “Vortex Tunnel” return, each creating uniquely disturbing, unusual sensory experiences.
In addition, due to popular demand returning this season, a “Lights OUT” special event, will run for one night only, on Saturday, November 6. Visitors to “Lights OUT” walk through all 130 rooms in total darkness, lit only by one small glow stick per group. It is highly recommended for visitors to come to Lights OUT as their bonus, end of season extra visit, only after visiting Reign of Terror’s regular production where all lighting and special effects run as usual. This will allow visitors of Lights OUT to truly appreciate and enjoy how different it is.
For more information, visit www.ROThauntedhouse.com
Ticket prices range from $25 to $30 for general admission and $45 and $55 for Immediate access. Tickets are available for purchase with credit cards now online through www.ROThauntedhouse.com . Tickets can also be purchased at the Box Office at our entrance door, starting 6:30 p.m. each night. Box Office sales are cash only, and an ATM is located nearby for convenience. ALL TICKET SALES ARE SCHEDULED FOR RESERVED ADMISSION IN 30 MINUTE TIME SLOTS EACH HOUR. Timed ticketing helps reduce wait times and limit crowding. Capacity is limited each hour. Anyone holding a ticket and in line for entrance prior to closing time each night is guaranteed entrance.
Reign of Terror succeeds in providing more than good scares and fun times, by giving back to the community. Because Janss Marketplace hosts the event in over 28,000 square feet of indoor space, the haunted house is able to donate proceeds from entrance fees to the Conejo Recreation and Parks District.
Each year, Janss Marketplace’s annual donation benefits the District’s Thousand Oaks Teen Center, Young Artists Ensemble programs, and the Conejo Theatre for Everyone, which gives special needs youth the opportunity to perform. Over the past ten years Reign of Terror at Janss Marketplace has generated over $340,000 in donations.
Reign of Terror Haunted House 2021 Quick Facts
- 22nd year of continuous operation
- Open 17 nights
- Over 130 custom horror themed rooms to walk through
- 10 different, interconnected attractions target a different type of fear
- Covers 28,000 sq feet of indoor floor space, making it the single largest indoor haunted house in all of Southern California.
- New Facility and New Layout: A whole new experience, unlike ever seen before
- New Characters: A horde of new gruesome characters will join our army of scare actors, props and animatronics throughout
- New Experience: A whole new look with all new, creepy twists and turns
- New Props, New Effects: Upgrades and new state-of-the-art special effects have been added throughout.
- Special Event Adventure: “Lights OUT” – After you see Reign of Terror once, come back again on November 6 to be terrified all over again, this time in TOTAL darkness.
- Note, Reign of Terror will follow COVID safety protocols as may be required.
Reign of Terror Haunted House won numerous haunt industry awards including,
- “Oscares Award, Best Haunt”, from The Haunted Attraction Association (National)
- “Must See Haunt in the U.S. (one of 31 nationwide)” from Haunted Attraction Magazine
- “Best Professional Haunt”, from CreepyLA
- “Best Halloween Attraction in Los Angeles”, from Hollywood Gothique
- “Best Haunted House in California”, by Parade Magazine