George Romero and Dario Argento’s classic tale of horror and suspense, Two Evil Eyes, gets the royal restoration treatment courtesy of Blue Underground with a two disc 4K UHD + Blu-ray set coming August 24th.
The Masters of Modern Horror -George Romero and Dario Argento – bring you an unprecedented pair of shockers inspired by the tales of Edgar Allan Poe. In Romero’s The Facts In The Case Of Mr. Valdemar, a conniving wife (Adrienne Barbeau of THE FOG) and her lover use a hypnotic trance to embezzle a fortune from her dying husband, only to receive some chilling surprises from beyond the grave. Then in Argento’s The Black Cat, a deranged crime scene photographer (Harvey Keitelof FROM DUSK TILL DAWN) is driven to brutal acts of madness and murder by his girlfriend’s new pet. But will this cunning feline deliver a final sickening twist of its own?
Martin Balsam (PSYCHO), E.G. Marshall (CREEPSHOW), John Amos (THE BEASTMASTER) and Tom Atkins (NIGHT OF THE CREEPS) co-star in this wild horror hit that also features grisly makeup effects by Tom Savini (MANIAC). Blue Underground’s acclaimed restoration of TWO EVIL EYES, scanned in 4K 16-bit from the original camera negative, is now presented with Dolby Vision HDR and a new Dolby Atmos audio mix, packed with hours of Extras!
- Ultra HD Blu-ray (2160p) Widescreen 1.85:1 feature presentation and Bonus Extras Blu-ray
- Audio: Dolby Atmos (English); 2.0 DTS-HD (English); 1.0 DTS-HD (French)
- Subtitles: English SDH, Francais, Espanol
- Audio Commentary with Troy Howarth, Author of ‘Murder By Design: The Unsane Cinema of Dario Argento’
- Theatrical Trailer
- Poster & Still Gallery
- Two Masters’ Eyes – Interviews with Directors Dario Argento & George Romero, Special Make-Up Effects Supervisor Tom Savini, Executive Producer Claudio Argento, and Asia Argento
- Savini’s EFX – A Behind-the-Scenes look at the film’s Special Make-Up Effects
- At Home With Tom Savini – A personal tour of Tom Savini’s home
- Adrienne Barbeau on George Romero
- Before I Wake – Interview with Star Ramy Zada
- Behind The Wall – Interview with Star Madeleine Potter
- One Maestro And Two Masters – Interview with Composer Pino Donaggio
- Rewriting Poe – Interview with Co-Writer Franco Ferrini
- The Cat Who Wouldn’t Die – Interview with Assistant Director Luigi Cozzi
- Two Evil Brothers – Interview with Special Make-Up Assistant Everett Burrell
- Working With George – Interview with Costume Designer Barbara Anderson