Revealed back in March of 2021, atmospheric horror flight-sim HAUNTED SPACE emerges with a brand-new trailer. Merge Games, in conjunction with developer, Italian Games Factory are pleased to show fans an in-engine trailer that showcases exhilarating dogfights, ship crafting, and battles with giant spacefaring colossi.
Neterun is full of monuments and relics left by an ancient civilisation and the galaxy is haunted by their ghosts. Unravel the reasons for their presence and fight for survival against their supernatural threat in a story inspired by the dark and twisted tales of Heavy Metal and 2000AD.
In HAUNTED SPACE, the innovative co-pilot system allows you to choose the level of control you prefer, from a complete space simulation through to a more arcade-style experience. At its maximum level, the co-pilot makes the game accessible for blind and visually impaired users, and it also supports eye-tracking.
In order to survive the hostile void of HAUNTED SPACE players will have to craft ships that will cater to their own playstyle.
- Traverse multiple unique star systems, each filled with danger and intrigue.
- Play in first-person or third-person perspective as you overcome the challenges of this dangerous backwater of space.
- Overcome the odds in fierce multi-stage boss battles against ancient God-like creatures composed of organic matter and space debris.
- Trade and craft new ships and ship equipment using powerful and customisable ship modification tools – create and buy new weapons, shields, cargo containers, engines and more.
- Stunning ray tracing effects and immersive audio put you in the heart of the action like never before.
- Difficult choices will have to be made when allocating scarce resources and credits to outfit engines, cargo holds and armaments.
HAUNTED SPACE will arrive on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Steam. Make sure you add it to your wishlist. For more information, please visit the game’s website, or follow the developers on Twitter, Facebook, or Discord.