PARIS, France – August 19th, 2019 – What if you could rewrite the entire narrative of human history? How would you change the course of Humankind? These are the questions at the center of our newest, wildly ambitious historical turn-based strategy title Humankind, where you’ll be leading your people from the Neolithic era to the modern age, combining cultures as you progress through the eras to create your own unique civilization.
Humankind for us is truly a labor of love. As explained by our chief creative officer, Romain de Waubert: “Amplitude Studios was founded with the intention of creating this game, all the games we’ve created up until now have been leading up to this moment. We are so excited to finally be able to share with the community what has been at the heart of Amplitude since day one.”
Here’s what you can expect the day you launch your first game of Humankind:
- One million civilizations– Create your own unique civilization by combining 60 different historical cultures from across the heritage of humanity. Begin as Ancient Egypt, then evolve into the Romans, the Khmers, or perhaps the Vikings—the choice is up to you. Each culture brings its own special gameplay layer, leading to near-endless outcomes.
- More than history, it’s your story – Face real historical events and figures, make great scientific discoveries, and visit the wonders of the world. Shape your people’s beliefs and confront other players. Every decision you make adds a flourish to your story.
- In the eyes of posterity– The journey matters more than destination. Fame is a new and unifying victory condition. Every great deed you accomplish, every moral choice you make, every battle won will build your fame and leave a lasting impact on the world. The player with the most fame will win the game.
- A tactical world – Show off your tactical skills by mastering terrain elevation, city-building, full tactical battles and warfare. Choose the high ground for your city, and it will be harder to siege. Deploy your archers in the woods to avoid stampeding horsemen. Call upon your allies to help you in times of need and transform an epic battle into a full-scale multiplayer world war!
- Humankind will release in 2020. A first look will be available to all Gamescom attendees at the SEGA area of the Deep Silver booth in Hall 9.1, Stand C-015-C-020. Stop by and catch a first glimpse of the future of the historical strategy genre.
For those who can’t make it, more information is of course available on the Humankind website as well as on the Steam page. Follow us on all social media at the handle @humankindgame. For more information about SEGA Europe, visit www.sega.co.uk.