SAN DIEGO and BURBANK, Calif. (July 21, 2019) — While Supernatural stars and producers recounted stories of “the road so far” in the long-running hit drama’s final Comic-Con appearance in a packed Hall H on Sunday, one lucky fan will be looking at “the road ahead” after winning a fully restored 1967 Chevy Impala — Sam and Dean Winchester’s signature car for the life of the show’s 15 seasons. The surprise announcement was made toward the end of the show’s panel session, following an epic tribute video to the beloved iconic car narrated by Supernatural’s own Jim Beaver.
- Series stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles announced the giveaway and selected the lucky winner — Laura Dittrich of Grants Pass, Oregon — during Supernatural’s panel session in Hall H at Comic-Con today.
- The Impala restoration and tribute video can be found here:
- [embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t85731oUWU[/embedyt]
- One of the few constants in the 15 years of Supernatural has been the Winchesters’ signature black 1967 Chevrolet Impala. With a 327 Engine and Four Barrel Carburetor, the vehicle, affectionately known as “Baby” by Dean Winchester, has a number of Winchester enhancements, such as a weapons cache in the trunk, Devil’s Trap warding and more. Originally purchased secondhand by a young John Winchester (Sam & Dean’s father) in 1973, the car has been with the Winchesters ever since. The radio and cassette player only play classic rock.
- The Impala given away on Sunday was brought to life by restoration expert Rick Blevins alongside Don & Michael Welsh for “The Shop” in the heart of Kansas. Matching the specs of the original Hero #1 Impala, including everything from an Audiovox Cassette Player radio, the tuck and roll interior, a 454 Big Block engine with a 400 turbo transmission, this is the car of a lifetime — and every Supernatural fan’s dream. There’s even a hidden weapons box and a Devil’s Trap on the trunk interior! Sadly, the Winchester weapons, including Ruby’s demon knife and the Colt, are not included…
- Fans entering the session in Hall H were each given a 1:64 scale replica of the Impala Sport Sedan to commemorate the show’s final panel session at Comic-Con San Diego. The miniatures from GreenLight Collectibles (6,500 in all!) feature a metal chassis, rubber tires, chrome accents and true-to-scale detail.
- Supernatural’s final panel session in Hall H was once again moderated by recurring fan-favorite Supernatural guest stars Rob Benedict and Richard Speight Jr. The session included series stars Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki, Misha Collins and Alexander Calvert, along with executive producers Robert Singer, Andrew Dabb, Eugenie Ross-Leming, Brad Buckner and Bob Berens.
- Supernatural returns for its 15th and final season on Thursday, October 10, at 8/7c on The CW. Created by Eric Kripke, the series is executive produced by Andrew Dabb, Robert Singer, Brad Buckner & Eugenie Ross-Leming, and Bob Berens. Supernatural is from Kripke Enterprises, Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television. Own the Complete Fourteenth Season of Supernatural available now on iTunes. Blu-RayTM & DVD available on September 10. Pre-order now!
For additional info on the Studio’s activities during Comic-Con, and for real-time updates during the convention, please follow @warnerbrostv on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook — official hashtag #WBSDCC — and visit http://comiccon.thewb.com.