Jackson, NJ — November 8, 2018 — Six Flags Great Adventure, the World’s Ultimate Thrill Park, lights up the nights as it magically transform into a winter wonderland for Holiday in the Park. More than a million glittering lights, dazzling holiday entertainment, delicious seasonal treats, Santa’s village and many of the park’s most popular rides provide the perfect setting for memorable holiday fun at Six Flags Great Adventure this winter.
“Holiday in the Park is the biggest event in the region with 13 themed areas and more holiday thrills than ever before,” said Park President John Winkler. “This one-of-a-kind festival brings families and friends together for a magical, immersive experience that has quickly become an annual holiday tradition.”
Opening for its fourth season in 2018, Holiday in the Park runs weekends and select days Nov. 17 through Jan. 1, 2019 and features new attractions, shows, rides, games and dining options. Each section of the park features a distinct character through sights, sounds, scents and experiences. This enchanting holiday adventure is included with all Season Passes and active Memberships.
New in 2018:
- Wonder: A Cirque Spectacular Show – This dazzling, new theater production features astounding acrobats with song and dance that illustrates the moments of hope, joy and celebration the holiday season brings.
- Deck the Halls ─ Feel like a kid again surrounded by massive, illuminated, iconic images of the holiday season in this newly-themed section. Walk through an enormous ornament, stand next to a towering stack of presents, and pose for a selfie with gigantic toys.
- Holiday Craze Mirror Maze – Holiday magic and mayhem abound in this walk-through, mirror adventure maze. Fee required.
- The Elf Who Saved Christmas! – Come watch the delightful elves Tinsel, Twinkle, Jingle and Doug save Christmas as they remind us that the holidays are all about togetherness. This high-spirited comedy is filled with unexpected surprises and fun for all ages.
- More Rides – In addition to more than 30 favorites like Nitro, BATMAN™ the Ride, SUPERMAN™: Ultimate Flight and JUSTICE LEAGUE™: Battle for Metropolis, guests can now catch a bird’s-eye view of the lights on Parachute Training Center and spin like a gyroscope on the new CYBORG™ Cyber Spin. All rides are weather permitting. Frontier Adventures including Safari Off Road Adventure, Bugs Bunny National Park and Plaza del Carnaval do not operate during the festival.
Signature Holiday in the Park attractions include:
- Holiday Magic: A Celebration of the Season ─ Spectacular light show on a 52-foot-tall tree in the heart of the park that dazzles nightly every 30 minutes through eye-popping effects, stirring music and gently falling snow.
- North Pole ─ Guests are invited into the warmth of Santa’s home for a meet-and-greet and holiday photos, plus kids can write letters to Santa and even meet a talking reindeer.
- Gingerbread Junction ─ A giant, inflatable gingerbread man welcomes guests to this whimsical section along with Dot & Drop Gingerbread, peppermint swirl-wrapped trees, the regal Peppermint Princess and dancing lights around the carousel pavilion.
- Joy to the World ─ Tranquil pathway of warmly lit trees, luminaries and stained glass showcasing religious holidays from around the world in a new lakeside location.
- Polar Point ─ Stunning, ice-blue trees twinkle with the illusion of falling snow up above, while her highness, the Snow Queen, meets guests below.
- Poinsettia Peak ─ Skull Mountain roller coaster has been transformed into a mountain of dazzling red lights with a crimson beauty, the Poinsettia Princess, greeting guests nearby.
- Holiday Fire Pits – Four sections of the park feature wood-burning fire pits that warm the soul and are popular spots for toasting s’mores.
- Holiday Eats – The sweet and savory tastes of the holiday season can be found throughout the park, like spiked egg nog, holiday-flavored coffee and hot chocolate, peppermint and mocha fudge, seasonal beers, festive funnel cakes, specialty holiday platters of sliced turkey, smoked turkey leg and chicken platters with cranberry sauce, chili bowls, harvest salads and hot soups.
- Festive Photo Spots – An antique sleigh, twinkling mistletoe, larger-than-life characters and decorations, Santa’s elaborate home, and a kiddie train are just a few of the fun photo spots guests can preserve their holiday memories.
Holiday in the Park Special Events
Holiday in the Park’s opening weekend features a show-stopping performance of the Holiday Express band Nov. 18 at 4 p.m., and the show is free with park admission. Holiday Express is comprised of 1,700 volunteers including more than 100 professional musicians and delivers music, food, gifts, financial support and friendship to those in need during the holiday season.
The Central Jersey Blood Center will host a holiday blood drive Dec. 9 in the park’s Employment Center from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Guests who donate a pint of blood will receive one theme park ticket valid for Holiday in the Park. Walk-ins are accepted, but appointments are encouraged and available by visiting the web.
Guests can also ring in the New Year with a New Year’s Eve Celebration at 9 p.m. Dec. 31 featuring spectacular fireworks, music and more.
More information about Holiday in the Park is available at www.sixflags.com/greatadventure