September 17, 2018 – New Wave Toys has officially launched RepliCade X Centipede, an officially licensed, fully-playable 1/6-scale reproduction of the classic Atari arcade cabinet. RepliCade X Centipede is now available for $160 on NewWaveToys.com, and soon on Amazon, Walmart, and Best Buy.
From now until 12 a.m. PDT on Sunday, September 23, 2018, New Wave Toys is also offering a 10 percent discount on NewWaveToys.com with the code LAUNCHWEEK10.
RepliCade X Centipede features:
- Accurate 1/6-scale replica Centipede arcade machine
- 3.5″ color screen in vertical orientation
- Mini TRAK-BALL control
- Amplified-Mono audio reproduction
- Wood cabinet construction
- Illuminated marquee and cabinet accents
- Diecast metal coin door with storage compartment
- High-resolution cabinet art reproduction on quality 3M vinyl overlays
- PVC Trim-molding
- Built-in rechargeable battery
- Officially licensed by Atari
- Premium retail packaging
- Limited edition (of 5,000)
New Wave Toys first announced RepliCade X Centipede in October 2017 on Kickstarter. The project reached its $50,000 goal within the first 24 hours and closed at $167,281 with 1,302 backers. The company also announced RepliCade X Tempest, available later this year.