With WWE 2K17 arriving at retailers tonight, 2K has released the first in a series of controls-focused trailers. In “The Basics,” new and seasoned players are introduced to the basic controls of the game. In addition, the trailer highlights several new additions to the game’s primary gameplay mechanics.
Tag - 2k sports
Today, 2K revealed details surrounding WWE 2K17’s Universe Mode in a new blog post written by WWE 2K17 designer Cristo Kyriazis. WWE 2K17’s Universe Mode provides players the ability to compete in rivalries and for championships in WWE shows and events – as well as create “what-if” and fantasy scenarios that could happen in WWE. With a new look and feel designed to emphasize WWE shows, WWE 2K17’s Universe Mode also lets players unleash their creative freedom with three save slots and increased customization options – including options to craft their own WWE brand split. For full details on WWE 2K17’s Universe Mode, check out 2K’s blog post here: https://wwe.2k.com/news/wwe-
WWE 2K17 Universe Mode Screenshots
Today, 2K revealed details surrounding WWE 2K17’s MyCareer Mode through a new blog post, as well as a captivating trailer narrated by WWE 2K17 cover Superstar Brock Lesnar’s esteemed advocate, Paul Heyman. WWE 2K17’s MyCareer Mode lets players experience what it takes to become a WWE Superstar, including options to jump ahead to the main roster, become a “Paul Heyman Guy,” captivate fans through a brand new Promo Engine, engage in deeper rivalries, earn more than one title, get merchandise royalties and much more. For full details on WWE 2K17’s MyCareer Mode, please check out 2K’s blog post here: https://wwe.2k.com/news/wwe-
July 14 – 2016, 2K today announced plans for the Collector’s Edition of WWE 2K17, the forthcoming release in the flagship WWE video game franchise. Limited to 50,000 copies worldwide, the offering will celebrate the explosive growth and popularity of NXT, WWE’s energetic brand best known for developing and promoting the company’s newest emerging Superstars. The WWE 2K17 NXT Edition will be available exclusively for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, as well as Xbox One, at participating retailers for a suggested retail price of $99.99.
The WWE 2K17 NXT Edition will include the following items:
- Copy of WWE 2K17 video game;
- Exclusive premium packaging;
- NXT Enhancement Pack:
- Playable NXT Superstars: Shinsuke Nakamura, Nia Jax and Apollo Crews;
- 50 percent boost in points earned for a player’s MyCareer Superstar while in NXT;
- Exclusive Canvas 2 Canvas lithograph designed by WWE artist Rob Schamberger and autographed by NXT Superstar Shinsuke Nakamura;
- Exclusive eight-inch “Demon” Finn Bálor collectible figurine;
- Exclusive Topps NXT TakeOver: London Mat Relics Card:
- All cards will include a piece of authentic ring canvas from the event;
- All cards will feature one of 14 featured Superstars from event;
- Each Superstar’s card will have one of 10 different rarity levels;
- Goldberg Pack: access to two playable versions of legendary WCW® and WWE star Bill Goldberg, as well as playable WCW Monday Nitro and Halloween Havoc arenas.
Developed collaboratively by Yuke’s and Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, WWE 2K17 is not yet rated by the ESRB. WWE 2K17 is currently scheduled for worldwide release on October 11, 2016 for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment systems, as well as Xbox One and Xbox 360.
Consumers who pre-order WWE 2K17 at any participating retailer will receive two playable characters of legendary WCW and WWE star Bill Goldberg, well as playable WCW Monday Nitro and Halloween Havoc arenas, at no extra cost on launch day. For more information on WWE 2K17 and 2K, visit wwe.2k.com, become a fan on Facebook, follow the game on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #WWE2K17 or subscribe on YouTube.
February 17, 2016 – 2K today announced that WWE 2K16, the latest addition to the flagship video game franchise, will continue its #RaiseSomeHell campaign through development for the Windows PC platform.
Available worldwide on March 11, 2016, WWE 2K16 for Windows PC will mirror the in-game content offered in WWE 2K16 for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft.
In addition to the largest roster in WWE video games history, two playable versions of Arnold Schwarzenegger as The Terminator and the story-driven 2K Showcase featuring the game’s cover Superstar, Stone Cold Steve Austin®, all WWE 2K16 downloadable content will be available for Windows PC on launch day at no additional cost to consumers. Full details on today’s announcement, including a full list of downloadable content, may be found at https://wwe.2k.com/news/wwe-
Developed collaboratively by Yuke’s and Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, WWE 2K16 is rated T for Teen by the ESRB and is available now for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
August 5, 2015 – 2K today revealed the first in-game screenshots for NBA® 2K16 showcasing the game’s cover athletes and NBA superstars Steph Curry, James Harden, and Anthony Davis. The images show each athlete in full 1080p resolution, continuing the series’ commitment to authenticity and realism as the reigning standard for sports video game simulations.
Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, NBA 2K16 will be available for PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3
computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and Windows PC platforms on September 29, 2015.
Fans can pre-order NBA 2K16 at participating North American retail and online vendors, ensuring they receive their copy beginning on Friday, September 25, four days ahead of the game’s September 29 street date, along with in-game bonuses.
July 27, 2015 — 2K today announced the debut of 2015 WWE Hall of Fame inductee and global action film icon Arnold Schwarzenegger in WWE 2K16, the forthcoming release in the flagship WWE franchise. Best known for his acting, bodybuilding and political endeavors, Schwarzenegger, a longtime WWE fan and WWE Hall of Famer, will expand his relationship with WWE through WWE 2K16 with two playable characters – T-800 from The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgment Day films. The playable characters will be available for those who pre-order the game at participating retailers for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment systems, as well as Xbox One and Xbox 360. The game is scheduled for release on October 27, 2015 in North America and October 30, 2015 internationally.
“I’ve achieved many things in my life, but I’ve always said success means staying hungry and pushing the limits,” said Schwarzenegger. “I was honored to join the WWE Hall of Fame earlier this year, and now I’ll continue my WWE legacy with one of my biggest film roles immortalized in WWE 2K16. Match the Terminator against Stone Cold Steve Austin®, Seth Rollins® or Daniel Bryan®, and there’s only one possible outcome: Hasta la vista, baby!”
From early childhood in his native Austria to today, Schwarzenegger represents the ultimate renaissance man, taking risks and defying odds through career accomplishments in bodybuilding, acting, politics and more. He won his first of four Mr. Universe titles at the age of 20, earned seven Mr. Olympia titles and since 1989 has hosted worldwide fitness expositions through the Arnold Sports Festival. Schwarzenegger is a fixture in numerous blockbuster action films, including Conan the Barbarian, The Terminator, Predator, Total Recall, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, The Expendables franchise and his most recent release, Terminator Genisys, as well as for his roles in pop-culture favorites Kindergarten Cop and Twins. In addition, Schwarzenegger transcended from Hollywood to the state capitol, serving two consecutive terms as the 38th Governor of California from 2003 to 2010.
“Arnold Schwarzenegger is a living legend with universal appeal, a perseverance for greatness and a strong relationship with WWE, including his recent Hall of Fame induction, all of which make him an incredible fit for WWE 2K16,” said Chris Snyder, Vice President of Marketing at 2K. “He’s a force to be reckoned with and defines what it means to raise some hell. Through his WWE 2K16 pre-order inclusion, fans simply can’t beat the opportunity to play as the Terminator in a WWE ring.”
New York, NY – June 24, 2015 – 2K today announced that NBA 2K16 will feature Michael Jordan on the cover of this year’s Special Edition. The next iteration of the NBA video game simulation series that’s been top-rated for the last 15 years*, will celebrate Jordan’s Hall of Fame legacy and give fans even more options to customize their in-game experience.
Gamers that pre-order the Special Edition will receive NBA 2K16 on Friday, September 25, four days before the standard launch, along with memorabilia and other in-game content, including:
- Jordan NBA 2K16 Poster;
- Jordan Fathead® Wall Cling;
- Digital Jordan shoes for your MyPLAYER;
- Digital Jordan T-shirt for your MyPLAYER;
- Digital Jordan jersey for your MyPLAYER;
- 30,000 Virtual Currency;
- MyTEAM VIP+:
- 3 Emerald Packs AND a new Special Edition Exclusive Moments Card.
Jordan’s appearance on NBA 2K16 marks the third NBA 2K cover appearance for the 14-time NBA All-Star, six-time NBA World Champion, five-time NBA Most Valuable Player and NBA Hall of Fame inductee.
“I’m excited about this year’s NBA 2K’s Special Edition,” said Michael Jordan. “NBA 2K16 allows gamers young and old to not only experience and re-create some of my greatest moments on the basketball court but also customize their players with Jordan shoes and apparel.”
The NBA 2K16 Michael Jordan Special Edition will be available in both digital and physical formats for $79.99 on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One.
2K previously announced that three of the NBA’s top superstars will be making their cover debuts on the standard edition of NBA 2K16: Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry, Houston Rockets’ James Harden and New Orleans Pelicans’ Anthony Davis. The game will also highlight an all-new MyCAREER mode that was written and directed by acclaimed filmmaker Spike Lee.
Developed by Visual Concepts, NBA 2K16 is not yet rated by the ESRB. NBA 2K16 will be available for PlayStation®4 system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Xbox 360; and Windows PC platforms on September 29, 2015.
Fans can pre-order NBA 2K16 at participating North American retail and online vendors, ensuring they receive their copy and in-game bonuses ahead of the game’s September 29 release date. While game covers will be distributed at random, each game box includes a foldable insert with all 3 individual cover athletes, ensuring the ability to insert the cover of their choice into the front of box.
New York, NY – May 26, 2015 – 2K today announced that NBA® 2K16, the next iteration of the top-rated NBA video game simulation series for the past 15 years*, will offer fans an unprecedented Early Tip-Off Weekend, putting the full game into the hands of fans four days ahead of the scheduled street date. Beginning today, fans can pre-order NBA 2K16 at participating North American retail and online vendors, ensuring they receive their copy beginning on Friday, September 25, four days ahead of the game’s September 29street date, along with in-game bonuses.
“NBA 2K16 promises to be one of the most groundbreaking sports titles in video game history, combining exciting new features with uncanny realism,” said Alfie Brody, vice president of marketing for NBA 2K. “We’re always seeking new ways to excite and ignite our fans’ tremendous passion for the franchise, and offering unmatched early access is just another way to bring them closer to the on-court action they crave.”
In addition to Early Tip-Off Weekend access, NBA 2K16 pre-orders will include the following in-game bonuses:
- 10,000 Virtual Currency (VC);
- MyTEAM VIP Package:
- New-Gen & PC – 3 MyTEAM Emerald Packs each with a guaranteed Emerald player;
- Prior-Gen – MyTEAM Gold Booster Pack with Guaranteed Gold Player and 4 additional Gold items.
NBA 2K16 will be available for PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and Windows PC platforms on September 29, 2015.
Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, NBA 2K16 is not yet rated by the ESRB.
New York, NY – October 14, 2014 – 2K today announced details surrounding downloadable content and a Season Pass program for WWE® 2K15, the forthcoming release in the flagship WWE video game franchise. The content offering will include three new storylines playable in 2K Showcase, the game’s story-driven, single-player campaign, as well as access to new moves and a wealth of playable WWE, WCW® and NXT® Superstars. In addition, WWE Diva Paige will be available as an exclusive playable character for those who purchase the game’s Season Pass. The individual content packages will begin releasing in late 2014, with some packages releasing in early 2015, for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, as well as Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system, and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft.
“Having grown up playing WWE games, it’s an honor to be included in WWE 2K15,” said Paige. “Fans will not want to miss out on my debut, as well as the new stories featured through 2K Showcase.”
“WWE 2K15 will deliver the largest and most comprehensive selection of downloadable content to date for the franchise, including the release of three new storylines for 2K Showcase and a wide variety of playable Superstars from WWE’s past and present,” said Greg Thomas, President of Product Development at 2K Sports. “This year’s offering provides fans an enhanced WWE 2K15 experience at an incredible value.”
About the WWE 2K15 Downloadable Content Program*
The WWE 2K15 downloadable content program is scheduled to include the following items and be available for purchase on the PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 systems, as well as Xbox Live online entertainment network from Microsoft for Xbox One and Xbox 360:
- Players will gain instant access to all unlockable content available in the game (excluding downloadable content);
- The Accelerator will be available for a suggested price of $1.99.
2K Showcase: One More Match
- Story focused on the rivalry between WWE Superstars Randy Orton and Christian in 2011;
- Playable WWE Superstars: Christian, Randy Orton, Edge, Mark Henry and Sheamus;
- Playable arenas from 2011: SmackDown®, Extreme Rules®, Over the Limit® and Capitol Punishment®;
- 2K Showcase: One More Match will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
2K Showcase: Hall of Pain
- Story focused on top matches for WWE Superstar Mark Henry;
- Playable WWE Superstars: Mark Henry, Big Show, Kane, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Sheamus, The Great Khali, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan and Ryback;
- Playable arenas: SmackDown (2011), Vengeance® (2011) and WrestleMania® 29;
- 2K Showcase: Hall of Pain will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
2K Showcase: Path of the Warrior
- Story focused on the career of WWE Hall of Famer Ultimate Warrior;
- Playable WWE Hall of Famers: Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant and Sgt. Slaughter;
- Playable WWE Legends: Honky Tonk Man, Rick Rude, Macho King and Colonel Mustafa;
- Playable WWE Superstars: Undertaker and Hunter Hearst Helmsley;
- Access to WWE Hall of Fame ring announcer Howard Finkel and WWE managers Jimmy Hart, Bobby Heenan, Paul Bearer, Sherri, Sid Justice and General Adnan;
- Playable arenas: WrestleMania VI, VII and XII; SummerSlam® (1988, 1990 and 1991); SaturdayNight’s Main Event XXIV and Madison Square Garden®;
- 2K Showcase: Path of the Warrior will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
- Playable WCW Superstars: Fit Finlay, Lord Steven Regal, Bam Bam Bigelow, Diamond Dallas Page and Lex Luger;
- The WCW Pack will be available for a suggested price of $7.99.
- Playable NXT Superstars: JBL, Adam Rose and The Ascension (Konnor and Victor);
- Playable NXT Diva: Emma;
- NXT Arrival will be available for a suggested price of $6.99.
New Moves Pack
- Moves Pack: More than 30 new moves, including an alternate version of Sister Abigail (performed from the ring corner and made popular by Bray Wyatt) and Multiple Gut Wrenches (made popular by Cesaro);
- The New Moves Pack will be available for a suggested price of $3.99.
About the WWE 2K15 Season Pass Program
Players may purchase select WWE 2K15 downloadable content at a reduced price point through the game’s Season Pass program. For a one-time suggested purchase price of $24.99, a savings of more than 20 percent versus individual content purchases, players will receive the following items as they become available:
- Access to exclusive playable WWE Diva Paige;
- Accelerator (access to all unlockable content available in the game);
- Access to all three 2K Showcase stories (One More Match, Hall of Pain and Path of the Warrior).
* Xbox Live or PlayStation Network account and Internet connection required. Copy of WWE 2K15 required to play.
Developed collaboratively by Yukes and Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, WWE 2K15 is rated T for Teen by the ESRB. WWE 2K15 is scheduled for release on the PlayStation®3 system and Xbox 360 on October 28, 2014 in North America and October 31, 2014 internationally. In addition, releases for the PlayStation®4 system and Xbox One are currently scheduled for release on November 18, 2014 in North America andNovember 21, 2014 internationally. Fans who pre-order WWE 2K15 at any participating retailer will receive two playable Sting characters at no extra cost on launch day.