Bethesda Softworks and Splash Damage have released a new trailer for their upcoming online shooter, BRINK, which goes over some of the game’s player classes. BRINK features a hot-swappable class system and dynamic mission objective system that adapts itself based on current player classes and class switches. The game is due out on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms come May 10th.
[stream provider=youtube flv=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DskddvT4x19U img=x:/img.youtube.com/vi/skddvT4x19U/0.jpg embed=false share=false width=640 height=360 dock=true controlbar=over bandwidth=high autostart=false /]
Electronic Arts has announced that it is buying popular iOS game developer, Firemint. Firemint developed the popular iOS titles Flight Control and Real Racing, to name a couple. Financial details were not disclosed in the announcement, but we will update this story if we learn more in that area.
“The Firemint team is remarkable for its critical and commercial success,” said Barry Cottle, Executive Vice President and General Manger of EA Interactive. “Having them as part of EAi will accelerate our position as worldwide leader in game development for mobile devices and online gaming platforms.”
Square Enix and Eidos Montreal have released three new screenshots for their upcoming action-RPG, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, as well as the official PC specs needed to run the game. The game is due out on August 23rd, 2011 for Windows PCs, Xbox 360, and the PlayStation 3 platform.
• Deus Ex: Human Revolution Recommended PC Specs:
- OS: Windows 7
- PROCESSOR: AMD Phenom II X4 or Intel Core 2 Quad or better
- RAM: 2 GB
- GRAPHICS: AMD Radeon HD 5850
- REQUIRED DISC SPACE: 8.5 GB
• Deus Ex: Human Revolution Minimum PC Specs:
- OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 with DirectX 9.0c
- PROCESSOR: 2 GHz dual core
- RAM: 1 GB RAM (Windows XP) / 2 GB (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
- GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce 8000 series or ATI Radeon HD 2000 series or better
- REQUIRED DISC SPACE: 8.5 GB
Activision has sent out some new screenshots from their upcoming video game adaptation of Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Due out June 14th, Dark of the Moon allows players to play as their favorite Autobots and Decepticons in third-person gameplay similar to that found in Transformers: War for Cybertron. Checkout the new screenshots below!
Another May 4th has arrived and, with that date, the arrival of another official “Star Wars Day”. Star Wars Day, for those of you who don’t know, is the unofficial Star Wars holiday which began with the joke “May the Fourth Be With You” some years back. What are you supposed to do in honor of this day? Well, you can revisit one of the films, the whole series, dress in a robe – whatever you like!
May the Force be With You… Always…
Square Enix has announced the release of their highly-anticipated side-scroller, Moon Diver, in which players attempt to re-take the planet from an army of sentient (and PO’d) every day items. It seems that an alien force has animated things like cars, bridges, and cities which are now out to destroy humanity. Moon Diver retails for 1200 Microsoft Points – be sure to checkout the launch screens and trailer below!
[stream provider=youtube flv=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DiZuVou4fQ8A img=x:/img.youtube.com/vi/iZuVou4fQ8A/0.jpg embed=false share=false width=640 height=360 dock=true controlbar=over bandwidth=high autostart=false /]
We just got this postcard image from LucasArts stating that “On May 4th, All Will be Revealed”. They are directing everyone to checkout http://MayThe4th.StarWars.com at 6:00am PST on May 4th to discover what this announcement will bring. At the website, a countdown timer is already moving. What will this countdown reveal – a new game? Star Tours 2 information? A setup for E3? Only time will tell!
Larger Image of Postcard
Activision has announced the Xbox 360 release of their long-awaited Escalation DLC pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops. Escalation features five new maps as well as a new ‘Call of the Dead’ mode, which puts players in the zombie-slaying boots of genre actors Sarah Michelle Gellar, Michael Rooker, Danny Trejo, and Robert Englund as they take on hordes of the undead.
The Escalation content pack’s new multiplayer maps include:
- “Hotel,” where players battle it out on the roof of a Cuban luxury hotel and casino against the vivid backdrop of old Havana
- “Convoy,” which delivers intense, close-quarters combat at the scene of an ambushed U.S. military convoy
- “Zoo,” which sets gamers on an eerie ride through an abandoned Soviet Russian Zoo with danger at every turn
- “Stockpile,” which pits players in a remote Russian farm town, housing secret WMD facilities
- “Call of the Dead,” Escalation‘sZombie experience that assembles a zombie-carnage dream team to fight against a new and undefeatable zombie horde menace, all set in the dark, ice-covered isles of Siberia.
Escalation retails for 1,200 Microsoft Points and will appear on the PlayStation 3 and Windows PC platforms “soon”.
Alienware and Dell have announced that the Alienware M18x gaming laptop is now on sale. The gaming laptop starts at $1,999 and features a ton of customizations available to the consumer. In these customizations is the option to have up to 32GB of DDR3 RAM. The laptop also features the new USB 3.0 slots as well as an 18.4″ display.
· An 18.4-inch FHD WLED 1080p display for the best visuals possible
· Powerful Dual GPU options with the fastest graphics memory (GDDR5) on all graphics options
· Both AMD and NVIDIA graphics options, in Crossfire X and SLI, respectively
· New Intel “Huron River” Architecture with a new factory overclocked Intel Core i7 Extreme Quad Core processor up to 4GHz
· Upgradeable to up to 32GB 1333MHz memory
· HDMI/Display Port output & HDMI-in
· Wireless HD & 3D output options, delivering low-latency high-def content wirelessly or output to 3D displays.
LINK: M18x at Alienware’s Official Website
SEGA has released a new trailer showing off the PlayStation Move functionality of their upcoming Virtua Tennis 4 on the PlayStation 3 platform. The game is due out on May 10th for both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms, with a PC release later this Summer.
[stream provider=youtube flv=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DUkOGCcZ1FQA img=x:/img.youtube.com/vi/UkOGCcZ1FQA/0.jpg embed=false share=false width=640 height=360 dock=true controlbar=over bandwidth=high autostart=false /]