Los Angeles/San Diego, July 19 – Celebrating its official debut, Comic-Con HQ, the premium digital network from Lionsgate and Comic-Con International (Comic-Con), will broadcast live from a public stage outdoors on the Hilton Bayfront Promenade from 12p – 5p PT, each day of the convention, beginning July 21, available on the web, iOS, Android, Amazon and now Roku. Select segments will also be available via Facebook Live and Twitch.
Offering 20 hours of the most comprehensive coverage ever from the biggest comics and pop culture event in the world, Comic-Con HQ Live will feature Comic-Con HQ personalities and a who’s who of Comic-Con celebrities, industry insiders and fan favorites on stage as well as live reporting from the convention floor and sanctioned events throughout the city.
Hosted by Alison Haislip (Attack of the Show, Con Man) and Steve Zaragoza (Sourcefed, Mostly Harmless), Comic-Con HQ LIVE will deliver highlights such as:
- Celebrity appearances from Nathan Fillion & Alan Tudyk (Firefly, Con Man), Rob Benedict & Richard Speight Jr. (Supernatural, Kings of Con), John Barrowman (Arrow, Doctor Who), Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black), Clark Gregg (Agents of SHIELD), Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead, Outcast), Dave Franco (Nerve), John Bradley (Game of Thrones), Jim Lee & Dan Didio (DC Comics), Joe Casey (Man of Action), and the new Power Rangers;
- Cast interviews from Orphan Black, Archer, Rick & Morty, The Expanse, Teen Wolf, Ash vs The Evil Dead, American Gods, The 100, Power Rangers, Wynona Earp, Timeless, Prison Break, Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency, Frequency, People of Earth, The Good Place, and more;
- Field reports from Artists’ Alley as well as booths and spectacles of all sizes on the convention floor including Marvel, DC, Warner Bros, Image, Sideshow, Hasbro, Weta, Xbox, Nintendo, and more;
- Must-see events and outdoor experiences such as Entertainment Weekly’s Con-X, the IMDb Yacht Party, Adult Swim on the Green, the FXhibition, Star Trek: 50 Artists. 50 Years, Neil deGrasse Tyson presents Space Odyssey, and The South Park Experience, and more;
- Panel coverage from all spaces including Hall H, the Indigo Ballroom, the San Diego Central Library, and the Horton Grand Theatre;
- Breaking news delivered by Comic-Con HQ’s Anthony Carboni, Trisha Hershberger, and Adam Sessler, as well as industry insiders and pop culture pundits such as Carrie Keagan, Malik Forte, Jason Inman (DC All Access), Bobak Ferdowsi (NASA), Jeff Berkwits (Sci Fi Magazine), Jenna Busch (Legion of Leia), Joshua Yehl (IGN), and more.
While watching the live broadcast at the Hilton Bayfront, attendees can also enjoy a variety of other fan experiences available for free throughout the four-day outdoor event:
- Interactive reddit exhibition with on-site AMAs and fan challenges;
- Razer gaming stations featuring popular PC titles;
- Brick & mortar showcase of Comic-Con HQ’s annual pass stash, featuring free stuff and exclusive savings from DC, Dark Horse Deluxe, ThinkGeek, Kotobukiya, Hallmark PopMinded, Gentle Giant, Sideshow Collectibles, Loot Crate, TriForce, Valve, HerUniverse, Razer, Weta Workshop Collectibles, and more;
- Four free Comic-Con HQ exclusive posters from top artists Hydro74, Tracie Ching, Dave Perillo, and Coby Gewertz, each honoring film classics now on the network: Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Labyrinth, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, and Ferris Bueller’s Day Off;
- Free wi-fi, charging stations, photo booths, and refreshments for all attendees;
- And tons of free giveaways from featured partners throughout the week!
Whether in Hall H or hundreds of miles away, fans everywhere can also access Comic-Con HQ from their internet-connected devices and access exclusive on-demand SDCC content including:
- Select SDCC presentations from panel rooms big and small, featuring top franchises from partners such as HBO (Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley), Cinemax (Outcast), SyFy (The Expanse, Wynonna Earp), USA (Mr. Robot, The Colony), Nickelodeon (TMNT, Legends of the Hidden Temple), Starz (American Gods, Ash vs Evil Dead), FX (Archer, The Strain), Amazon Studios (Man in the High Castle), Hasbro (My Little Pony), and BBC (Orphan Black, Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency) ; along with spotlights on luminaries like Mike Mignola and Jim Lee, presentations from print publishers such as Skybound, Dark Horse, Valiant, Archie, Prism, Abrams, and Penguin Random House, tons of educational panels and how-to workshops, and so much more;
- The Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards, considered the “Oscars” of the comics world. More than two dozen awards will be handed out on Friday, July 22, 8p PT in the Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront. This year’s show is hosted by John Barrowman and include a variety of celebrity presenters from comics and pop culture.
- The world-famous Masquerade, capturing the event for the first-time in SDCC history;
- The Her Universe Fashion Show;
- Select entries from the Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival
“Comic-Con HQ is making the Comic-Con experience more accessible for fans across the country in ways never before possible,” said Seth Laderman, EVP and GM of Comic-Con HQ. “It is a tremendous undertaking, but it’s our mission to enhance the on-site experience for the many fans attending the event, while welcoming countless more to participate in this incredible experience and stay connected to this amazing community all year long.”