While at AirSplat’s recent customer appreciation day at TacCity Airsoft in Fullerton, CA, I got to checkout G&G’s GR4 G26 advanced blowback AEG in the desert tan flavor. I was very impressed to find out that it had a built-in, flip out laser sight and flashlight! Additionally, the AEG comes with a very nice, contoured hi-cap magazine which acts acts as an additional grip.
Visually, G&G’s GR4 G26 is a very attractive Airsoft gun. It features an ergonomic style that is not only comfortable to use but, also, great to look at. Most players who have been in the Airsoft world for any length of time would call the furniture on this AEG “Magpul-ish”, and they would be right. However, regardless of if it is Magpul or Magpul-inspired, this gun is darn comfy to use. The embedded grip contour in the included hi-cap magazine makes for a very solid and stable place to steady your aim and I just wish they made the magazines in mid-cap form.
Official Features & Specs:
- Durable Fiber Reinforced Receiver, RIS Handguard, Stock, and Motor Grip
- Integrated Rubber Cheek Rest and Locking Release Lever on Stock
- Built-in Laser and LED Tac Light
- Tube compartment integrated on the Stock. Perfect for CR123A or AA batteries
- QD Sling attachment points at Foregrip and Stock
- One-point Sling Attachment Ring
- Flip-up Front and Rear Sights. Front sight blends with top rail, rear sight is fully adjustable
- Ergonomic Foregrip and Motor Grip
- Fully Railed Upper Receiver perfect for Optics
- Adjustable G26 Style Stock
- Full Metal Barrel Assembly and Stock Tube
Muzzle Velocity: 310~340 FPS (Measured with 0.20g BBs)
Inner Barrel Length: 233mm
Gearbox: Version 2
Range: 120 feet
Magazine: 300rd G&G GMAG Hi-cap magazine. (Uses all M4 / M16 series Magazines)
Package Includes: AEG, Hi-cap Magazine, Cleaning rod and manual.
Motor: Long Type
Battery: 9.6v Small or Butterfly Type (Battery & Charger Not Included.)
BB: 6mm Airsoft BBs. Best with Matrix 0.20 / 0.23 / 0.25g bb.
Manufacturer: G&G Armament
- Built in laser sight and flashlight are very effective
- Optional flip-up sights are nice for those who prefer using their own optics
- Good out of the box rate of fire and FPS for CQB arenas
- Excellent usage comfort
- Hand guard doesn’t have a bottom rail for fore grip
- Opening hand guard is tricky
We took the GR4 G26 out to the SC Viper Airsoft field located in Norco, CA where we spent the day playing pick-up games. The gun was chronographed before the games and registered between 350 and 362 FPS, which is a nice rating to have for both field and CQB usage. The gun features G&G’s pneumatic blowback system and provides a very cool bit of feedback when the gun is fired. Unlike more traditional electric blowback systems, the pneumatic system found in this AEG is not going to reduce the life of your gun thanks to a second air cylinder design rather than relying on hooks connected to the piston.
Internally, aside from the pneumatic blowback system, the GR4 G26 houses a pretty solid version 2 gearbox with 8mm oil-less bushings. Another feature of note in this AEG is G&G’s functional forward assist feature. By pressing the forward assist button on the right side of the receiver, you release all the tension in your spring. This makes life a lot easier than having to cycle a full shot through it at the end of every game.
Overall, the G&G GR4 G26 blowback AEG is a very good value at about $275 dollars over at e-tailers like AirSplat, AirsoftGI, and Evike. Please note that the MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) for this gun as per G&G is $246 dollars, but some retailers add additional cost to it. The gun has solid performance, comfortable-yet striking style, and some neat built-in bells and whistles. This gun is at home as your primary airsoft gun and is small enough to make for a sniper’s back-up weapon.
Have something to say?
You must be logged in to post a comment.