Auckland, New Zealand-April 17, 2013 - Grinding Gear Games announced the second season of race events in their hit action RPG Path of Exile. Race events are short-term leagues separate from the main game with separate characters and varying goals that test the players’ skill and luck. Season Two commences on Saturday, April 20th and runs for six weeks until June 2 (New Zealand time).
Another new addition to the Path of Exile race season is “Signature Events.” Signature Events are consistent length solo events that are run multiple times during the season. At the end of the season, the best performing characters of each class will receive a prize similar to the top 20 overall for the entire season.
“Season One of our race events was a huge success. We saw great player engagement, retention and community participation,” said Chris Wilson, producer for Grinding Gear Games. “We have made many improvements for Season Two and are very excited to see their effects.”
For additional details and the schedule of events, please visit
Currently in Open Beta, Path of Exile is a PC online action role-playing game set in a dark fantasy world. Featuring ethical micro transactions, the game is free-to-play, but not pay-to-win. Playing as one of six character classes, players find themselves banished for their past misdeeds to the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast.
There, they will encounter hundreds of species of opponents laden with loot and mysterious artifacts as they explore the abandoned continent.
Key features of Path of Exile:
- A dark and deep action RPG
- Build unlimited unique characters on a gigantic skill tree
- Combine over 110 skill gems to create unique combat strategies
- Explore a dark and gritty world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
- Download and play for free, but never ‘pay-to-win’
- Explore randomly generated levels for extreme replayability
- Craft weapons, magic items and even end-game maps to become more powerful
- Cooperate or compete with thousands of other exiles in a persistent online world
- Ascend online ladders in every game mode
- Battle in PVP tournaments for worldwide recognition
Have something to say?
You must be logged in to post a comment.