Here’s some new math for you so try and follow along with this equation: Graphics from Castlevania HD on XBLA + Gameplay from Strider on the NES + The Level and Power Up System from Devil May Cry = Moon Diver for the Xbox LIVE Arcade. Moon Diver is “basically” an old-school, 2-D, side-scrolling action game through and through. Was this new title from Square Enix a Triple Lindy, or was it a Belly Flop? Read on to find out…
Archive - 2011/05/31
City Interactive announced today the upcoming release of the Sniper: Ghost Warrior One Shot-One Kill limited edition for the PlayStation 3. Planned for release on June 28th, along side the standard edition, Sniper: Ghost Warrior One Shot-One Kill Limited Edition will come packed with extras, including the “One Shot-One Kill” DLC.
This Limited Edition will be sold exclusively at GameStop for $49.99 and will contain the base game plus a host of collectable items including:
- ‘One Shot-One Kill’ DLC – allows players the option to fully dominate the single player battlefield. For ten second intervals at various points throughout the game, players will be able to:
- Shoot through almost any object (including houses and solid cover);
- Inflict intense damage on enemies when players fire at them, giving gamers that true “one shot -one kill” experience;
- Experience super steady shots, as the scope of your weapon does not float;
- Achieve pinpoint accuracy with perfect weapon consistency.
- Exclusive ‘Sniper Stories’ book;
- Official Sniper: Ghost Warrior dog tag;
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior poster;
- Limited edition Sniper: Ghost Warrior production artwork postcards.
Perfect World Entertainment has released a new trailer for their upcoming hack and slash dungeon-crawler, Rusty Hearts.
[stream provider=youtube flv=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D-lQ3fSoo80c img=x:/img.youtube.com/vi/-lQ3fSoo80c/0.jpg embed=true share=false width=640 height=360 dock=true controlbar=over bandwidth=high autostart=false /]
Sony Online Entertainment has released the 60th game update for their MMO, EverQuest II. This new updated features a whole host of updates, all of which you can read about below – enjoy!
Game Update 60 Includes:
PvP & Battlegrounds improvements, including but not limited to:
- Lobby system so players can hang together between matches with PvP merchants available locally
- New Velious battleground map (“The Frozen Tundra”)
- New Battleground game type (“Vanquish!”)
- PvP and Battlegrounds rule modifications for better balance and fun
- Fame system improvements
- New Velious Discord faction to purchase new PvP equipment and adornments
- Additional new PvP armor and adornments
- New Adornments interface to make this system easier to understand
- Continued honing of the itemization system
Three new heroic dungeons:
- Confront Warmaster Grolla Skullwielder in the Spire of Rage
- Challenge Warmaster Korok Hai in the Strategist’s Stronghold
- Battle Warmaster Deynka Packlasher in the Tower of Tactics
One new x2 raid – Citadel of V’uul
- Defeat Queen Vorticia V’uul in the Citadel of V’uul
Three new x4 raids [all available in Normal and Challenge modes]:
- Encounter Sullon Zek in Sullon’s Spire
- Test your strength against Tallon Zek in Tallon’s Stronghold
- Prove yourself against Vallon Zek in Vallon’s Tower
- Visit Whipmaster Snargeant in the Fortress of Drunder to assist with new daily missions within Drunder
- Speak to Provocateur Bas Darkfrost at Thurgadin Docks to earn Primal Velium Shards through a new solo quest
- Two new heritage quests
- Additional signature quest line
- New tradeskill quests and recipes
- New adornments interface
- Ratonga players will find Qeynos has become more accepting of their presence
- And Coming Soon: Help build the wizard and druid transportation network in Velious
*NOTE: Drunder content is locked to DoV expansion owners only. All other GU content affects all players.
Today we have some new screenshots from Atlus’ upcoming, crazy ‘erotic horror puzzle platformer’, Catherine. Catherine puts players into the shoes of Vincent who, after meeting a girl (named ‘Catherine’), begins having nightmares which can end up killing him. Apparently Catherine is not all she appears to be and, in addition to surviving the nighttime modes, Vincent must keep his relationships together during the day. Catherine is due out on July 26th, 2011.
LINK: Catherine Official Site
Mad Catz has announced the formation of ThunderHawk Studios. This new studio will develop a series of flight simulation MMOs which will make especially-good use of the Saitek line of Pro Flight peripherals.
“The addition of flight simulation games should leverage the market share leadership and global distribution enjoyed by our flight simulation hardware products,” said Darren Richardson, the President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. “The formation of ThunderHawk Studios is an important milestone as we pursue our longer term goal of expanding our participation in developing, publishing and distributing games.”
ThunderHawk Studios first flight simulation product is expected to launch in 2012.
THQ has pulled the wraps off of its upcoming sequel to METRO: 2033, METRO: Last Light. In fact, not only do we have details about the game but we also have its first trailer, so enjoy! METRO: Last Light will be set after the events of the original game and will see the remnants of humanity fighting it out above and below post-apocalyptic Moscow for control of a doomsday weapon. The game is being developed for the Windows PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 platforms and is due out in 2012.
“We believe that Metro 2033 was a flawed masterpiece,” said Danny Bilson, EVP Core Games, THQ. “It was a beautiful, original game that didn’t get the marketing support it needed. We won’t make that mistake with Metro: Last Light. This game improves on the original in every way – it will have more polish, deeper and more sophisticated gameplay, and satisfyingly visceral combat, without losing what our fans loved about the original. Metro: Last Light is another artful piece of game development from an Eastern European studio that will thrill and terrify anyone looking for a more cerebral experience than your typical first person shooter.”
[stream provider=youtube flv=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DEdlA__Sv1VU%26feature%3Dplayer_embedded img=x:/img.youtube.com/vi/EdlA__Sv1VU/0.jpg embed=true share=false width=640 height=360 dock=true controlbar=over bandwidth=high autostart=false /]
NetherRealm Studios and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment have released a new trailer for Skarlet, the upcoming new kombatant for Mortal Kombat. Skarlet loves blood. In fact, it seems to be the source of all her power as if she were a Blood Mage from the Dragon Age series. Despite showing her insatiable pention for kicking ass, the trailer also lets out news that she will be playable at E3 next week – so hopefully we can fight through the throngs of people to get some news for you on it. Enjoy!
[stream provider=youtube flv=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dr4FKFGe7UYk img=x:/img.youtube.com/vi/r4FKFGe7UYk/0.jpg embed=true share=false width=640 height=360 dock=true controlbar=over bandwidth=high autostart=false /]
Konami has unveiled their official pre-E3 press briefing website. Konami’s planning their pre-E3 press briefing for Thursday, June 2nd at 5PM PST. The show will take place at the Sony Picture Studios in Culver City and expectations are that we will see lots of new titles including the upcoming Silent Hill game and possibly a new SAW game. We have our invite in tow and will bring you all the happenings from the event as it unfolds!
*UPDATE – Don’t forget to checkout our LIVE blog of the event!
LINK: Konami Pre-E3 Show Website